Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T4 : Battle Across Time (2010 to present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Then the pirates will steal them from you.
    Prepping only makes you a target.
    Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
      Then the pirates will steal them from you.
      Prepping only makes you a target.
      Lol.
      Arf as you're preparing to move will you be taking your solar installation with you?
      Or does it become part of the fixtures and fittings?

Comment

• Its staying put.
        This is somewhat ironic since thats the very thing it didnt do two days after installation. Do you remember? When it made a break for it and tried to run away...off down the street. The police were quite critical of the installation, once they had managed to stop laughing.

Comment

Its staying put.
          This is somewhat ironic since thats the very thing it didnt do two days after installation. Do you remember? When it made a break for it and tried to run away...off down the street. The police were quite critical of the installation, once they had managed to stop laughing.
          Yes I remember.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• I moved the distribution box on the house over the weekend, no power for most of Saturday. Kids moaned a bit, then they were the most pleasant I've known them in years for the rest of the day.

If lack of energy is the apocalypse, bring it on. I'll be fine.

My work colleague has a diy renewables system, costs him a fortune to run a fridge for half a day when he has to then switch it back onto mains, he reckons buy the time it has nearly paid for itself it'll be very obsolete, assuming nothing breaks or needs replacing in 20 years. He's on about windmills now

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
              I moved the distribution box on the house over the weekend, no power for most of Saturday. Kids moaned a bit, then they were the most pleasant I've known them in years for the rest of the day.

If lack of energy is the apocalypse, bring it on. I'll be fine.

My work colleague has a diy renewables system, costs him a fortune to run a fridge for half a day when he has to then switch it back onto mains, he reckons buy the time it has nearly paid for itself it'll be very obsolete, assuming nothing breaks or needs replacing in 20 years. He's on about windmills now
              It was the cost of energy rather than the lack of it but I'm sure you're right.
              The tech atm is simply too inefficient and expensive but I have these batteries costing nowt and time to fanny around plus my solar panel pelicase gear for the van to finish off, so why not.
              The "fucked" cells (x2) lasted 15 hours and 11 minutes in the work light in total, not bad for a well used 2003 battery pack!

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                The "fucked" cells (x2) lasted 15 hours and 11 minutes in the work light in total, not bad for a well used 2003 battery pack!
                Indeed, that is incredible - never known L-I age that well despite the manufacturers claims.

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post

Indeed, that is incredible - never known L-I age that well despite the manufacturers claims.
                  Just trying another pair of the cells.

Comment

• One observation I would make is if we are throwing these things in landfill, and we clearly are.....a lot, then that is a wasted opportunity. The cost of recovering them doesnt warrant it, I suppose.
                    It is interesting stuff to be fair.

Comment

One observation I would make is if we are throwing these things in landfill, and we clearly are.....a lot, then that is a wasted opportunity. The cost of recovering them doesnt warrant it, I suppose.
                      TOP 10 LITHIUM-ION BATTERY SAFETY TIPS
                      1. Do not store your batteries in direct sunlight.
                      2. Keep batteries away from flammable objects and materials.
                      3. Never leave a battery unattended whilst charging.
                      4. Keep batteries away from static electric charges.
                      5. Keep out of reach from animals and children.
                      6. If a battery has a damaged wrap, it should be repaired or disposed of immediately.
                      7. Do not crush, incinerate or modify your batteries.
                      8. Only use batteries within the manufacturers specifications.
                      9. Recycle your batteries correctly - never throw them in the bin.
                      10. Always keep your batteries in a case when not in use.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Look after your Cells.png
Views:	402
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	313974

Comment

Don't fecking encourage him.

Comment

• My three 1S10P (1 Serial 10 Parallel) cell power banks were received from China today. Loaded one with the tested laptop cells and then tested the ports plus charging function.

Each DIY Powerbank is a tested 5v 20Ah unit, so 60Ah in total.

Last edited by Activ8; 11 November 2020, 11:30 AM.

Comment

• Ordered another three DIY Powerbank cases.

Comment

• I'm unsure whether this may be useful info to others but theres a change in the tech industry. Apparently its being forced by Google. Its to standardize cabling and plugs for modern electronic devices and gadgets. About bloody time.

The power banks I bought had a Type-C port on them and I needed to look it up. Nothing else I have has it. Its a 24 pin digital/audio/video/data and power socket that isn't shaped or designed for the USB style single fit insert so its easier to hookup and more importantly doesn't get damaged by hand fisted force. Its a welcome bonus for my battery harvesting and solar storage packs.

I'm sure we're all aware of USB (Universal Serial Port) which has wide spread usage across many devices. They've gradually been changing since the late 80's from 5 volt 1.0Ah to 2.0Ah and currently 3.0Ah with 4.0Ah on the way and an array of plug ends that can often baffle the best of us! Mini,Micro A, B, C, D and now PD (standing for Power Delivery or "fast charging protocol"). The new PD range of devices & ports can safely deliver up to 100Watts for bigger gadgets and peripherals. So a 5V device could in theory carry a 20Ah load, a 12v an 8.3Ah current etc. Big currents not really used on gadgets. Laptops are around 4Ah. My old Samsungs are 19V 3.16A so in theory could be powered directly from a Type-C socket Power Bank or USB PD port with an appropriate cable adaptor. These cables in 12v or 20v are available on eBay for about £3.50 each.

Worth bearing in mind if you're buying or being gifted tech for the van this Xmas?

Comment

• Samsung products have had type c plugs and sockets for about 3 years

Sent from my SM-G981B using Just T4s

Comment

Working...
                                X