Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T4 : Battle Across Time (2010 to present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The only two decent cars there are the Porsche and the rs Capri , the Capri is in storage as it was last on the road in 2016 , I used my contacts in the rsoc

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
      According to the Mrs (she knows about these things) these colours are returning, greys are so last year!
      Refer to scimitar....
      Always said I was ahead of my time!!.....
      16 years ahead of my time

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

• If you keep anything long enough it'll come back into fashion [emoji23]

Sent from the Midlands by pigeon

Comment

• Back to build thread dribble , received my Greddy turbos today, these are upgrade units for the original R34 Nissan GT-R's. Still keeping the T20/T25 exhaust housing but using upgraded high quality Japanese castings to run much larger turbines and compressors. These are the smaller 0.8 A/R units (2 types). No water cooling as the oil housings are modified apparently to cool and lubricate better. Greddy have sent me the boost map profiles and they're good from 100bhp to 380bhp (@27.5psi) each and both are paired if I decide to go twin turbo @ some mad moment.

They're not VNT. Why - because to get these to spoil up quickly you have to run rich AFR's and the VNTs nozzles simply clog with the lower pressured fuel delivery compared to more modern diesels. I'm working on a high pressured pump which will roll out for 2024 & just before diesel gets banned as a fuel source.

These need cleaning up, rebuilding and balancing with new shafts and turbines which are available in 9,10,11 & 12! blade for race hooligan mode (ideal for my crappy diesel van needing to quickly spool up!)

Here's some turbo info & figures for us nerdy types.
          Compressor: 48.1 / 68mm
          Turbine: 56 / 49.1mm

Last edited by Activ8; 8 October 2019, 05:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjhoy02 View Post
            If you keep anything long enough it'll come back into fashion [emoji23]

Apart from a scimitar boom boom

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
              Apart from a scimitar boom boom
              Yea some reason lesser cars become trendy!
              Take fords and triumphs for example

Comment

• Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
                Yea some reason lesser cars become trendy!
                Take fords and triumphs for example

You mean the parts bins that scimitars came from? [emoji23]

Comment

• Originally posted by rjhoy02 View Post
                  You mean the parts bins that scimitars came from? [emoji23]

Exactly, pick the beat bits of each,,,,
                  Not exactly perfect but best of a bad bunch.
                  Chassis and suspension came from lotus engineer's

Comment

They're not VNT. Why - because to get these to spoil up quickly you have to run rich AFR's and the VNTs nozzles simply clog with the lower pressured fuel delivery compared to more modern diesels. I'm working on a high pressured pump which will roll out for 2024 & just before diesel gets banned as a fuel source.

Nice, should coincide nicely with Turks lights.....maybe.
                    Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

Just a few 1969 cars.... feel free to add your own favorites - 50 years fifty!!!
                      I'd have the Capri and the Maxi for a laugh and gladly crush the rest.

Comment

Back to build thread dribble , received my Greddy turbos today, these are upgrade units for the original R34 Nissan GT-R's. Still keeping the T20/T25 exhaust housing but using upgraded high quality Japanese castings to run much larger turbines and compressors. These are the smaller 0.8 A/R units (2 types). No water cooling as the oil housings are modified apparently to cool and lubricate better. Greddy have sent me the boost map profiles and they're good from 100bhp to 380bhp (@27.5psi) each and both are paired if I decide to go twin turbo @ some mad moment.

These need cleaning up, rebuilding and balancing with new shafts and turbines which are available in 9,10,11 & 12! blade for race hooligan mode (ideal for my crappy diesel van needing to quickly spool up!)

Here's some turbo info & figures for us nerdy types.
                        Compressor: 48.1 / 68mm
                        Turbine: 56 / 49.1mm

Looks like a scene from my shed that Rob.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                          I'd have the Capri and the Maxi for a laugh and gladly crush the rest.
                          It's one of those years where drugs, the free spirit and the moon landing affected style and design.

Comment

• Little test on the rust removers started this afternoon. Distilled white vinegar.

Left overnight, & given a wipe over with kitchen towel.
                            Twenty four hours later it's cleaned this up nicely.
                            Last edited by Activ8; 10 October 2019, 06:10 PM.

Comment

• Ordered 2Kg of Citric Acid Crystals (E330).
                              Arrived this morning....

Chucked 50g in the kettle to descale it.
                              The packet label instructs to boil for 5-10minutes. You can hear it going to work and smell a lovely citrus odour.
                              Last edited by Activ8; 10 October 2019, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X