Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T4 : Battle Across Time (2010 to present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
    The springs alone are too short for the rim and tyre combo fitted. I need the adjuster. Got a link for the straps?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s
    Not my fault you fitted the wrong size rims - is it tubbing out?

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post

Not my fault you fitted the wrong size rims - is it tubbing out?
      No, not at the current ride height!

Comment

• Dont like the way those adjusters are sitting, looks like they'll twist and fire out at the first opportunity. If you just fit the springs does it tub out?

Comment

Dont like the way those adjusters are sitting, looks like they'll twist and fire out at the first opportunity. If you just fit the springs does it tub out?
          Agreed, its worse than the oem springs fitted temporarily.

The arches sit on the tyres. The straps will sort it. Got 18's to try too.

Comment

• Just had a chat with the guys at VDub Monkeys in Coalville, Leics - very helpful bunch.
            Anyway bought their adjustable strap kit with fittings, £42 delivered.
            Yep not the cheapest but by the time I'd shopped the components, fittings and straps from a variety of sources and shipped it, it actually ended up at £38!
            Their advice was worth the additional £4! Once its all in place I might have a pair of fixed length straps made up too.

Here's some more helpful info for those wishing to run Sachs HD shock part #'s 105819 & 105820.
            I'm using VW T4 SACHS upgrade replacement oil filled shocks, "HD Super Touring" version these are shorter than the standard units.

Front open length 311.15mm (12 1/4"), closed length 222.25mm (8 3/4")
            Rear open length 336.55mm (13 1/4") closed length 241.3mm (9 1/2")

This might help others size their springs and setups correctly.

Need to get the tyres fitted to the 18"s next and take it from there.
            Last edited by Activ8; 3 October 2020, 01:26 PM.

Comment

• I found the gaffer there to be incredibly helpful. So much so, I paid extra to order from him as to show my appreciation.

Sent from a muppet
              #vanlife

Comment

• 7th October 2010 - Google Reminder!

Comment

• Ten years ago.
                  wow
                  Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• Took a look at the strap kit this morning. Received the VDUB Monkeys Rear Suspension Limiting Kit last week, its well packaged with corporate looking box tape. Contains a kit for the T4, 91 to 03. £42 delivered.

Two adjustable straps, sticker, fixings & a clear 3 page "how to" (see pics) packed inside. I haven't read through the guide or applied it to the van for fitting yet. Might just have a read up and make sure its being suggested correctly.

Fixed length straps are available online at around £12 each + p&p. These are made to measure pieces but I opted for adjustables as the rear ride height and setup are unknown currently and may change in the future.

I'll post up more once Ive had a read.

Comment

• Not sure about the strap rubbing against the weld seam on the rear trailing arm.... don't run it too tight

Comment

Not sure about the strap rubbing against the weld seam on the rear trailing arm.... don't run it too tight
                        Yep, the offside fixing suggestion is simply going to rub and fray the same section of strap. Also my OCD will kick in, better if they fix and look identical.

Comment

• What do you think to these commercial rims? 8J x 18 ET25 5/112 900kg

Picked three gloss black pieces up boxed new for £28.71 each delivered at the beginning of 2019 and finally last week picked the same wheel up new boxed albeit in silver for £36.46.

Just need to colour match them, satin or matt black? Carbon grey?

Comment

• The gloss black looks good. Just spray the 4th gloss aswell.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

• Gloss black

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

• My first choice would be boring silver

Comment

Working...
                                X