No announcement yet.

Pallet wood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have to confess bay, the floors not actually wood, I think it's earlier in this thread somewhere but the flooring I went for was some pretty convincing vinyl laminate, it's bathroom grade laminate so fully waterproof and hard wearing, it was supposed to be £45 a pack but due to one pack being damaged and a mistake at the till I got two for £23 (?if I remember rightly) massive massive company so felt no guilt not questioning the price.

Had this much spare at the end.

One wrong cut and I'd have been screwed.

Sent from my iPad using Just T4s

Comment

• Not real wood, you cad! Only kidding looks great mate.

Comment

• Originally posted by ricrhys View Post
        I have to confess bay, the floors not actually wood, I think it's earlier in this thread somewhere but the flooring I went for was some pretty convincing vinyl laminate, it's bathroom grade laminate so fully waterproof and hard wearing, it was supposed to be £45 a pack but due to one pack being damaged and a mistake at the till I got two for £23 (?if I remember rightly) massive massive company so felt no guilt not questioning the price.

Had this much spare at the end.

One wrong cut and I'd have been screwed.

thats a bit excessive with the waste! Only joking, that worked out very well

Comment

• As someone who works in renewables I was ashamed [emoji23] I was lucky as hell to be honest!

Comment

• Loving this , nice to see something different! Keep it up , out of interest what's the square metre of the van ?

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by nathaniel_evans View Post
              Loving this , nice to see something different! Keep it up , out of interest what's the square metre of the van ?

I think its just over 4m if i remember rightly.

Comment

• Ok cool cheers

Comment

• Ok so your not the first to use pallets, so..... but it's the ledge and bracing (like a garden gate) that sets yours above the rest.

It looks really smart. Really.
                  edit Its "rustico" but in a good way.
                  Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• Very cool

Sent from my SM-J710K using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by nathaniel_evans View Post
                      Loving this , nice to see something different! Keep it up , out of interest what's the square metre of the van ?

Sorry buddy missed this think it's about four but as you've done your floor now I guess you know.

Comment

• Pallet wood

So this threads been a bit quiet recently, because I've been working flat out but was also getting on with a little side project.

The trailer. I saw a trailer tent for sale on faceache swap shop for £50, turns out it was my old boss, loads of folk had fucked her about so she was more than happy when I asked if it was still for sale. I wasn't after a trailer tent, just a trailer, but for £50 I thought bugger it.

Here it is.

1983, only a few years younger than me!

Even came with a kitchen unit and gas, I'll be doing that up to match too.

I won't bore you with the work in progress pics, it's about 90% finished and will be coming to busfest for extra storage for me.

So here it is now, the big flyer.

First trail run was Cae Du 70% finished.

Nearly there and I'm really pleased with it.

Hope you all like it, it was a nice break from working on the van.

Comment

• That looks a tidy addition mate. 1983? that's the year I left school

Comment

• Hadn't put the sides on in the last two, I was a 1980 baby sorry pal [emoji23] April fool if it makes you feel any better.

Comment

• I was really surprised as ever at how much time it took, lot of work for me in this one.

Comment

• Looks handy mate. I got a little trailor that tips but a pain to back behind a van as you cant see the fecking thing yours looks much better

Comment

Working...
                                X