No announcement yet.

Strip down and restoration...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’ll be nice to see it glistening in the sunlight .

Comment

had a rare evening to myself so thought I'd get on and start covering the bottom half of the caravelle panels, pulled off all the vinyl vw covering, hard work that was!!!
      Covered the cardboard in mega van mats smoke grey 4 way stretch, very complicated curves but with a bit of work it's come out ok. Couple of raised areas but ill have to live with that.
      Decided to cover the plastic pocket in the tan to match the top half. Just 3 more panels to go now 😣

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20180814-WA0005.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	199.2 KB
ID:	265344
        Not looking forward to doing the others but this has more curves

Comment

Lovely job , how long to do that first panel? Any tips!

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

Took a couple of hours after it has been stripped of the vinyl. I also took the pocket off to make it easier, it's only screwed on.
            I just cut to a larger than I thought size, started at the bottom and sprayed a bit at a time, pulling it taut and pressing into the recesses as I sprayed the glue.
            That 4 way stretch stuff is pretty forgiving!

Comment

Originally posted by UncleTravellingMatt View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]10021[/ATTACH]
              Not looking forward to doing the others but this has more curves
              Thatā€™s a cracking job mate

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

So window fitter came today, after our long discussions on location of sliders (front/rear) the fitter plopped them in the wrong way round.
                I even stuck a note on telling him which way round!!!!!!!

So now I'm in a quandary on whether to leave them or get him back.............

Name:	IMG-20180830-WA0001.jpg
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	265494

But it does look nice all one colour!

Name:	IMG-20180830-WA0000.jpg
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	265495

Comment

Mines the same way round on the drivers side, I prefer that way round [emoji106]

Sell my T4 !!! I'd rather stick wasps up my butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Thebigredone View Post
                    Mines the same way round on the drivers side, I prefer that way round [emoji106]
                    Thanks mate but I had my mind set on having them at the rear as the kids are always moaning that they get too hot, the idea being they could open them when they needed then from the rear seat.

Comment

• Originally posted by UncleTravellingMatt View Post
                      Thanks mate but I had my mind set on having them at the rear as the kids are always moaning that they get too hot, the idea being they could open them when they needed then from the rear seat.
                      That makes sense mate, mine was there when I got it and I had every intention of having the hob that end, we rarely have anyone in the back so it's not a problem in that respect, if you want it how you asked, make them re-do it mate, you'll only get pissed off with it as it is [emoji106]

Sell my T4 !!! I'd rather stick wasps up my butt.

Comment

• Id leave it. This way the kids can't open it whenever they chose, no broken latches etc.
                        This depends on age of said kids and how well trained you have them.
                        Besides, like this the wind can get into the van better and hit them in the face rather than round the back of their heads.
                        Let them find something else to complain for.
                        Vans looking sweet, btw
                        Last edited by arfur fox-acre; 30 August 2018, 03:42 PM.
                        Me cago en la madre que te pariĆ³!

Comment

• Argh. I'm in 2 minds to leave it so no chance of damage removing them but I think it'll annoy me everytime I see it! Plus wanted we that end for when we're in bed.
                          Kids are 15+ so should be ok.

Update. Just been to see it. Looks ok but gonna sleep on it. But think they're coming out on 1st impression
                          Last edited by UncleTravellingMatt; 30 August 2018, 05:56 PM.

Comment

• I’d watch him like a hawk.One scratch down to metal that you don’t know about mate.Good luck getting money from the fitter to repaint it.They’ll have the hump about coming back anyway,so will probably rush it.I’d be inclined to leave as afur said.You’ll get more air in on the move where it is

Comment

• Have you spoken to the fitter since the install? There could be a good reason why they're in like that (if so, shame he didn't call beforehand). Ask to refit, if that was the original contract.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• Went out after work to see it. Spoken to Dave who painted it and we had discussed which way I wanted them, he was off at the dentist when the fitter came.
                                The fitter just came in picked them up from the other lad in the workshop and put them in. When Dave came back he said he knew there was something odd but he couldn't remember what we had said.
                                He spoke to the fitter at the time before he cleared off and he said that that is how everyone has them. So it was the fitters decision to fit them that way.
                                I'm just disappointed we didn't get it right 1st time, although if that's all that goes wrong I'll be happy

Comment

Working...
                                X