• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180419_125554.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	263694
    Popped out at lunch time today to see how matey boy is getting on. Prep work is nearly finished. Scuttle panel is in and looks good. Forgot to take a pic tho!
    Working on the roof now. Bit of a pig getting all the lacquer out of the grooves and hollows tho!

Comment

Nice looks like they’re doing a decent job .

Comment

Cant edit to see the progress pics on the paint! I actually prefer the progress to the finish [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

When i was out there yesterday i took a wing mirror into the sun. Wow!!! 😍
          once the prep is finished the paint actually won't take that long. Once some paint is on I'll get some pics, Will need flatting and polishing after, then hopefully a big reveal in the sun with the metal flake shining!!! 😃

Comment

Just had the following picture from matey boy, roof took ages to prep. (I knew this job would take a while as he's doing it between main work!)
            If you look really carefully you can just see the gold metal flake flip

Next step is to get the barrier coat and then primer on the sides, flat back and spray top coat and laquer. Then just got to put it all back together before shifting it to mine and getting the interior back in!

Name:	IMG_0527.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	263897

Comment

Looks aces!

Comment

Looks great.

Why final coat the roof before all the prep on the rest?

Comment

Impressive stuff!
                  On vans and bigger Stuff we painted and finished throof first to stop dragging over the sides to paint it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

What greeny said. Prep work is more or less finished on the sides.
                    I'm not a body work pro and matey doing the work knows what he's doing so I'm keeping me beak out 😁
                    I'm sure it'll be fine. Bloody hope so anyway!!!
                    Once he's finished the paint then my job of sticking it all back together starts!

Comment

Looking good Matt , can’t wait to see the finished article.

Comment

Cheers dude. Looking forward to getting the paint on so I can get all the bits back together and interior back in. Really desperate to get away in it again!

Comment

I know these are a bit of a tease, I'm going out to see it tomorrow but I got sent a pic of part of it in the sunlight today......................
                          Ignore the 2 small marks, apparently that is just dust, although I'll be checking tomorrow

Name:	IMG_0532.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	263909
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by UncleTravellingMatt; 18 May 2018, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleTravellingMatt View Post
                            I know these are a bit of a tease, I'm going out to see it tomorrow but I got sent a pic of part of it in the sunlight today......................
                            Ignore the 2 small marks, apparently that is just dust, although I'll be checking tomorrow

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9138[/ATTACH]
                            Much better in the Sun!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

Love the fleck matt

Sent from my vernee_M5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks nice mate, pops in the sun [emoji106]

Sell my T4 !!! I'd rather stick wasps up my butt.

Comment

Working...
                                X