Dual purpose van.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nooo, he has done more than enough.

I think they look "rustico" , which is Spanish for "I done a shit job but I still want you to pay me for it".
    Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• Yay they got done! glad they were of use, If he has another spare I'll try get it to you if you struggle to find another, top job.
      it'll be the hessian at your legs now not the weld :-)

Comment

• Honestly, I love them. Only got driver seat in today as the passenger is out because I have a load of glass in. Will take photos when they are both back in. I haven't driven him today but my gypo mate did and he didn't say they were itchy or what have you. And he would, believe me....he moans like a maroccan whore normally.

On the subject of the black roof.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170603_135355_resized.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	261259

So that's 46.5 outside and "hi" inside. That's a little alarming and irritating all rolled in to one. Why does it say "hi"? I could have worked that out myself. I wanted numbers. We wouldn't accept this from a wall clock or a watch.
        It had one job. Give me a number, it must know.

Comment

• Anyway, now we know we are somewhere between pleasant and a bit muggy, remember the roof rack?

Name:	20170609_082854_resized.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	261260

The bars across the width of the van actually touch the roof (not 3mm above Mr Cheeseman....touching - but thanks for the inspiration though.....gained plenty from your build thread ) to the point where I will need a strip of rubber under them to stop them rubbing.
          Don't he look good lowered? Even if it is with glass.
          Thanks
          Arfur

Comment

• Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post

The bars across the width of the van actually touch the roof (not 3mm above Mr Cheeseman....touching - but thanks for the inspiration though.....gained plenty from your build thread ) to the point where I will need a strip of rubber under them to stop them rubbing.

Arfur
            Pah - There's a reason mine clear the roof - to be able to fit pads and to be able to use ratchet straps that need to slide across the roof on the underside of the rack - I ain't no T4 tart, function>form

Vans looking half decent now though bud!

Comment

• Thanks. It's amazing how much effort is required for so little change.
              And thanks again to all that I have drawn inspiration from, or shamelessly chaved ideas off.

Comment

• Roof racks with stance eh? looks good buddy, as for 46.5c!!!!

Comment

• Yep, little does Reg know but he has started a while new genre.
                  Get your racks lowered.

Comment

Need a solution for the headrests now. Have no more sacking left.
                    Ideas welcomed as ever,
                    Arfur.
                    can you get hold of potato sacks Arfur? Just a thought

Comment

Yep, little does Reg know but he has started a while new genre.
                      Get your racks lowered.
                      All this time they've been trying to hold em up [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• Potato sacks, don't know where I would get those but will enquire.
                        Thanks.

Comment

• A guy just wondered past me with an arm full of the possible answer, empty sandbags, same material, slightly finer weave but readily available, worth a post?

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• Will see if i can find some. It's a better idea than I've had....was going to try beanie hats (if that's what they are called...tea cosy things )
                            Last edited by arfur fox-acre; 16 June 2017, 05:04 PM.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20170621_083514_resized-1.jpg
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	261282

Name:	20170621_083531_resized.jpg
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	261283

As promised, photo of seats fitted.
                              For what it's worth I love them. Best of all they don't itch at all so no need for beaded seat covers.
                              Ta again Richrys.

Comment

• They look even better in, glad they don't itch after all that :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X