No announcement yet.

Intorducing.... The Fag Bus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What year van is it? Ours is a 98 dad had a 98 model but cant remember if his had them.

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
      What year van is it? Ours is a 98 dad had a 98 model but cant remember if his had them.
      X reg - registered September 2000

Comment

Also looks like my experiment for the roof failed, glad I didnt manage to get any further with this before this happened.

The bus has been soaking wet inside the last few weeks, the board is probably too heavy but we ordered it wrong so I used it anyway.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8618.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	262504

Not sure now if I should try again with a thinner board (maybe reinforced) or just go the traditional route.

Comment

Originally posted by 89Rallye View Post
          Also looks like my experiment for the roof failed, glad I didnt manage to get any further with this before this happened.

The bus has been soaking wet inside the last few weeks, the board is probably too heavy but we ordered it wrong so I used it anyway.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7197[/ATTACH]

Not sure now if I should try again with a thinner board (maybe reinforced) or just go the traditional route.
          Mine is wet inside after the Christmas period. I thought maybe my roof was leaking as it has a couple of aftermarket roof bars. Is your wet because of condensation, or is t a leak.

Comment

It's was purely condensation, the roof was literally dripping all over.

Comment

It's was purely condensation, the roof was literally dripping all over.
              Thanks for that, it is the same as mine, wet all over. I have just pulled the sagging roof down a fraction and put my hand in, wet for as far as I can feel.

Any ideas how to stop that?

Comment

Good effort mate. Love transformations like this. Van looks like a really clean old bus. Look forward to watching the progress

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Small update as I didnt have long today, its taken a lot longer than it should have to get to this stage partly due to me going the long (and harder) way round by using rivnuts to secure the panels but i'm happy with how its turning out.

Everything wiped down and de-greased

Name:	IMG_8725.jpg
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	262574

Insulation going in, it was packed with more than shown I just didnt take many photos

Name:	IMG_8727.jpg
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	262575

Then all the holes and joints smoothed over with some gaffa tape.

Name:	IMG_8728.jpg
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	262576

And finaly the carpet going in, im using halogen lights as the lighting in the unit is pants so theres alot of shadows from the lights.

Name:	IMG_8729.jpg
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	262577

Name:	IMG_8730.jpg
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	262578

Name:	IMG_8732.jpg
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	262579

Can you spot the undeliberate mistake, yes didnt cut it long enough but rather than start over it should hopefully be easy to splice some in and it should eventually be behind the bed anyway.

Name:	IMG_8735.jpg
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	262580

I know the upper panel hasnt had any insulation but I have some future plans for this and I love the look with the lower panel smoothed in with no visable fixings.

I need to get some decent blades to trim the eges in.

After 9 months off work sick im back to the grind tomorrow so the workrate with the van will slow now to a crawl.

Comment

Does look interesting with upper and lower panel like that.interested to see what the plan is!

Comment

Yes looks very different with a little carpet. looking forward to seeing your plan for the top half. Keep the faith>

Comment

Managed to get in a few hours after work down at the unit, sadly though I didnt take many photos.

Completed securing the drivers sides boards, they have all been rivnutted and bolted. I dont think doing it again I would go this route, it seemed a good idea at the time to make the boards solid and secure but was very labour intensive and time consuming compared to the standard route.

Name:	IMG_8803.jpg
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	262610

Also smoothed out all the edges and holes with the old gaffa tape trick.

Name:	IMG_8806.jpg
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	262611

I have started the carpetting but for some reason didnt take any photos.

I can now also introduce the new addition to the current fleet, an as yet unnamed 2000 2.5tdi with just 115K on the clock. This brings me a dilemma about which to keep.

Name:	IMG_8805.jpg
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	262612

An ex-builders/property maintenance van.... you think?!? this all came out of the sliding door runner.

Name:	IMG_8768.jpg
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	262613

Very happy to discover the electric windows, central locking, clifford alarm.. extras I wasnt aware of when purchasing. Needs a new drivers seat and a good scrub.

Name:	IMG_8783.jpg
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	262614

Name:	IMG_8642.jpg
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	262615

Name:	IMG_8780.jpg
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	262616

Name:	IMG_8791.jpg
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	262617

Few scuffs and scrapes but all in all very happy, sadly this one may be cleaned and flipped as I have too much time vested in the white one but we will see.

Comment

Team blue [emoji16]🤙🏻

Just go with your heart mate. But also think long term. You’ve spent time but longer term would you rather have the 2.5 and have to go a few steps back to get what you want, or is the white bus now your pride and joy and don’t need what the new van offers?

Comment

Managed to get in a few hours after work down at the unit, sadly though I didnt take many photos.

Completed securing the drivers sides boards, they have all been rivnutted and bolted. I dont think doing it again I would go this route, it seemed a good idea at the time to make the boards solid and secure but was very labour intensive and time consuming compared to the standard route.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7359[/ATTACH]

Also smoothed out all the edges and holes with the old gaffa tape trick.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7360[/ATTACH]

I have started the carpetting but for some reason didnt take any photos.

I can now also introduce the new addition to the current fleet, an as yet unnamed 2000 2.5tdi with just 115K on the clock. This brings me a dilemma about which to keep.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7361[/ATTACH]

An ex-builders/property maintenance van.... you think?!? this all came out of the sliding door runner.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7362[/ATTACH]

Very happy to discover the electric windows, central locking, clifford alarm.. extras I wasnt aware of when purchasing. Needs a new drivers seat and a good scrub.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7363[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7364[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7365[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7366[/ATTACH]

Few scuffs and scrapes but all in all very happy, sadly this one may be cleaned and flipped as I have too much time vested in the white one but we will see.
                            Keep em both mate best investment you can have..do it up bit by bit make another camper .trust me if you sell you will look back in 10 years when their doing a fortune in money like all the old retro beasts we had as boy racers and say what were all saying now." Shit had one of those " sold it" . If only i had it now love eh..worth a bomb now.. the t4 is only on the way up and up . Just sorn it and cherish the project .ohh and pics throughout the process if you do it.[emoji106] .

Come rain or shine im out in mine!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Just T4s

Comment

Never a truer word spoken Damien mate.

Comment

That's very but you also can't keep them all, especially with vans as they take up so much room.

I'll maybe do a separate gallery topic some day about the rare beasts that are stored away in our unit. We are at capacity and something has to give, I also have a lead on two more T4's one which will be a breaker and another 2.5.

Your right though this 2.5 with 115k is something that won't happen often, I'd also be embarrassed to tell you the price I paid!

Name:	IMG_4259.jpg
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	262620

Comment

Working...
                                X