X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chally69
    replied
    Originally posted by Adventure Van View Post
    Been continuing with my 'wardrobe' (clothes storage without having bags all over the bed...) tonight.

Cut a door way through into the 'garage' area, underneath fixed double bed, used a wicks kitchen cupboard door with a boat catch.

Made some shelves using some old bits of timber - could be an old bed frame, but I can't remember. Using 2 IKEA storage boxes from thier pax wardrobe range, hey presto... Fill with clothes in the house, slot into shelves, job done.

Also handy shoe storage underneath, because we always end up with at least 4 pairs each...

Just need to cut a suitable top, and panel the back. ☺

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Just T4s
    We're the same, end up with clothes and shoes all over the van.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Leave a comment:

• S49
    replied
    4 pairs each, your not Mr and Mrs Marcos are you?

Leave a comment:

• Adventure Van
    replied
    Been continuing with my 'wardrobe' (clothes storage without having bags all over the bed...) tonight.

Cut a door way through into the 'garage' area, underneath fixed double bed, used a wicks kitchen cupboard door with a boat catch.

Made some shelves using some old bits of timber - could be an old bed frame, but I can't remember. Using 2 IKEA storage boxes from thier pax wardrobe range, hey presto... Fill with clothes in the house, slot into shelves, job done.

Also handy shoe storage underneath, because we always end up with at least 4 pairs each...

Just need to cut a suitable top, and panel the back. ☺

Leave a comment:

• S49
    replied
    Cheers was thinking of hunting something similar down in the local breakers......

Leave a comment:

• Adventure Van
    replied
    Originally posted by S49 View Post
    Just been looking throu your thread mate.Whats the intercooler off if you don't mind me asking?
    It's off a sprinter, newer shape one. Was fairly cheap compared with aftermarket aluminum ones, about £40 iirc. Inlet/outlets are a massive 65mm, so the hoses needed stepping up/down considerably... Spent more than I wanted to on a few bits of silicone and joiners, but it had to be done! 👍

Sent from my B3-A30 using Just T4s

Leave a comment:

• S49
    replied
    Just been looking throu your thread mate.Whats the intercooler off if you don't mind me asking?

Leave a comment:

• ricrhys
    replied
    Not a better feeling, well not when it's that time of year anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Greeny gtc
    replied
    Well done!!

Leave a comment:

• Thebigredone
    replied
    Happy days mate 👍

Sell my T4 ? I'd rather stick wasps up my butt !!!

Leave a comment:

• Adventure Van
    replied
    Thanks folks...

Well it passed! Which made me a happy man - I can concentrate on the rest of the mods now.

Still loads to do, so stay tuned... 😁

Leave a comment:

• Grubb05
    replied
    Great thread! This will be very useful to a lot of members, excellent work. 👍

Sent from my LG-H870 using Just T4s

Leave a comment:

• Thebigredone
    replied
    Happy days mate, good luck for tomorrow 🤞👍

Sell my T4 ? I'd rather stick wasps up my butt !!!

Leave a comment:

• arfur fox-acre
    replied
    Well done. I'm very pleased for you.

Leave a comment:

• Adventure Van
    replied
    It's off the driveway at last!

Took it down to work today, pulls well, but didn't try too hard. Had it ticking over for a while (can't do it at home without annoying the neighbours...), sat nicely, temperature steady, no dramas... 👍

MOT tomorrow, not that it worries me too much, and then it's on the road official! Happy days! ☺☺☺

Leave a comment:

• Adventure Van
    replied
    Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
    What oil pressure should a VW engine run at when warmed up?

The oil light/buzzer - is the oil stainer clean? what's the idle speed?
    0.3 bar at idle, or quoted from another forum 10 psi per 1000 rpm... I'm no technician though, just quoting what I've read.

I'm fairly sure that the buzzer/light is not oil pressure related, merely the clocks not seeing the 'w' signal from the alternator without a blip of the throttle - oil pressure being calculated in relation to engine RPM. That's how I've read it anyway...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X