• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sarahw1984 View Post
    Nah I'm good
    Know an electrician so I'll get them for nothing 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
    Always the best way!!
    I was an electritian in a past life! And even though that was a long time ago (13 + years ago) I can still get a bargain
    And what I do now is totally different!!!

Comment

It was my mums partner!
      He'll sort the inverter for me and check it all over as well lol

Comment

Cool, wish I had someone (other than me) who I could get to do and check work for me!!

Comment

However I moved into my house 4 1/2 years ago, built a conservatory and asked him to fit a light and a socket, still waiting, so guess I'll end up doing it myself anyway 🤦🏻*♀️

Comment

Lol that's usually how it goes.
            Especially if tour the trades person time for all other work bit not your own, that's why I only work on things as a hobby now!!

Comment

Ah he works for Southern Electric and lived in this house for like 2 years after we sold mums house!
              Was no excuse really!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
                Always the best way!!
                I was an electritian in a past life! And even though that was a long time ago (13 + years ago) I can still get a bargain
                And what I do now is totally different!!!
                Been a spark for 15+ years now, some days I wish I wasn't. [emoji23][emoji51]

Comment

Originally posted by chally69 View Post
                  Been a spark for 15+ years now, some days I wish I wasn't. [emoji23][emoji51]

Yea I wished I wasn't for 10 years so I eventually had enough of the faster faster cheaper more more more and left.
                  I hated going in every day (for the last 18 months and the final straw i was a testing inspector subbied to an insurance company and repairing houses after fire and flood!!!) I could cover 1500 miles a week!! And I didn't even have a vw van!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
                    Yea I wished I wasn't for 10 years so I eventually had enough of the faster faster cheaper more more more and left.
                    I hated going in every day (for the last 18 months and the final straw i was a testing inspector subbied to an insurance company and repairing houses after fire and flood!!!) I could cover 1500 miles a week!! And I didn't even have a vw van!!!!
                    All sounds too familiar.

Comment

Originally posted by chally69 View Post
                      All sounds too familiar.

Happened to a lot of people. Others see good wages and think I am daft as I earn now the same as I did over 10 years ago!!
                      But now I am usually happy to go to work and really enjoy what I get up to both good and bad!!

Comment

I worked in leisure, shit pay, now I support adults with learning disabilities, even shitter pay and shit hours, but I love what I do!

Comment

I worked in leisure, shit pay, now I support adults with learning disabilities, even shitter pay and shit hours, but I love what I do!

Goes a long way to being happy doesn't it!!

Comment

Definately does!

Life would be a lot easier working in a job where I get paid loads, but I couldn't sit at a desk and work 9-5 now, I miss my weekends off sometimes but I'm also grateful that I can go shopping on a Thursday morning without everyone else doing the same!

Comment

Use a plaster board drywall box cut the hole in the osb and push the box through then clip the holders in place

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

That's a tough job mind, I know our youngest is severely autistic and its pretty rough on all concerned shes 22.

Comment

Working...
                                X