No announcement yet.

El Explorator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

faultless, must be impossible for you to wipe the smile of your face when driving?

Comment

Holy b'jesus! That's one sweet looking van. Welcome along and, if it hasn't been said enough, great work.

Sent from my D5803 using Just T4s

Comment

Now that I like! 👍 Welcome aboard! ☺

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Just T4s
        '00 1.9TDI LWB, '87 Mk2 Golf 16v

Wheel or tyre question? Just ask, it's what i do!

Comment

Welcome to you, nice adventure van, did you do all the refurbishment yourself if so how long has it been to get it to this point?

Comment

Good skills you should be proud of that in four months. Welcome[emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Just T4s

Comment

Cool van Max

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

You should put up a build thread, I for one would love to read how it all came together.

Comment

Thnx for all the compliments and nice words guys, appreciate it !

Originally posted by Lubee View Post
                  What size are those solar panels on the roof? What can you run on them or haven't you used them yet?
                  They are 60cm x 35cm and 25W each and their purpose is to charge the household AGM battery (and car battery through the Cyrix battery combiner). On sunny days they deliver 2.5 amps wich is not that much but they lenghten the time 'in the wild' before we have to start driving again. They hook up to the inverter wich has a solar input.

I could have put more or bigger panels on the roof but i need the space to put up a tent there.

If there are any more questions, shoot away...
                  Last edited by Maxwarre; 4 July 2017, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
                    Wow more switches and screens than Darth Vaders bathroom!!!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s
                    I like screens :-)
                    The left gps is to drive from A to B on the streetgrid, the big middle one always shows TOPO maps wich are great for finding lakes, streams and places away from buildings to spend the night. The right screen shows the rear camera and the kids can also play vintage video games on that one...

Comment

Lol and I thought I was going some with my 7 inch screen in the dash and 21 1/2' in the back to watch dvds on!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

Stunning bit of kit,well done fantastic built and great looking van [emoji1303]

Comment

Shes a beauty. Good work!! Where is the roof rack from or is it custom?

Sent from my E6653 using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by originalbigp View Post
                            Shes a beauty. Good work!! Where is the roof rack from or is it custom?

Thnx :-)
                            I bought the rack second hand from a roofworker. It was grey galvanised so it took sanding with amonium, 2 layers of special primer and 2 layer of 2-component finish to get it black
                            The wood is merbau, all bolts are stainless steel and the lebars are from china :-)

Comment

Sweet. That rack is everything Ive imagined about doing for mine. Beautiful job youve done.. Thanks for the responce. 👍

Comment

Originally posted by Maxwarre View Post
                                play vintage video games on that one...
                                God I feel old... 😁😁😁

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Just T4s
                                '00 1.9TDI LWB, '87 Mk2 Golf 16v

Wheel or tyre question? Just ask, it's what i do!

Comment

Working...
                                X