Clear All

Yep not a bad idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by chrisT4 View Post
      Like this

Excellent Thanks Chris,
      That's exactly what I was going for, I take it you have use a 6mm Earth from the consumer unit to the van body?, wasn't sure if I should use 6mm 0r 8mm,

Comment

Yes mate, straight from the earth busbar to the chassis.

Comment

I find I need to wrap mine in a plastic sandwich bag to stop corrosion of the pins

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by kb1065 View Post
            I find I need to wrap mine in a plastic sandwich bag to stop corrosion of the pins

I put a little electrical grease over the contacts of mine and it’s fine. The problem was water ingress due to hanging outside in the rain so I lengthened it and let it sit on the exhaust when in use..

Comment

Originally posted by chrisT4 View Post
              Yes mate, straight from the earth busbar to the chassis.

Question.....Wouldn't that take out the ECU if the 240v/16A earthed?

Comment

Originally posted by kb1065 View Post

I have the same set up, behind the rear fog light etc. I used an old 110 extension lead and reutilised the plastic plugs from each end (no such thing as 110 here so was surplus to requirements).
                Me cago en la madre que te pariĂł!

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                  This is a good point.
                  Me cago en la madre que te pariĂł!

Comment

Every thing i've and read watched go on about making sure you earth against vehicle, I was a bit worried but they all say to do it, think I will get in touch with a sparky mate and ask him.

Comment

Just looking it up. It comes under BS7671 sect 721.

1. The need to install a readily accessible IP44 rated inlet coupler to BS EN 60309, not more than 1.8m from ground level (701.55.1.2), with a notice (721.514.1 and Fig 721);

2. For Isolation and Automatic Disconnection of Supply (old EEBADS) the need to provide a consumer unit with a Main Double pole 30mA RCD to BSEN61008 -1 rated at say 25A, that disconnects in 40mS @ 150mA (721.537.2.1 and 721.411.1);

3. For overcurrent protection a 10A double pole MCB for sockets and a 6A double pole MCB for lighting (721.43.1);

4. The wiring system will sheathed flexible cable (721.521.2 (iii));

5. The CSA of all sheathed flexible cables will be 1.5mm squared (721.524.1);

6. The sheathed flexible cables will be fixed at 0.4 vertically and 0.25 horizontally (721.522.8.1.3)

7. For connection to a site hook-up, a 25m long sheathed flexible cable with a CSA of 2.5mm squared, with a BSEN 60309-2 plug and coupler either end (721.55.2.6);

8. Standard 13A sockets (BS1363) and enclosed luminaries will be wired as radial circuits in accordance with the general requirements (BS7671:2008).

9. For equipotential bonding, 4mm squared protective conductors between the MET (Main Earthing Terminal) and internally accessible structural metallic parts of the motor caravan (721.411.3.1.2)
                      Last edited by Activ8; 14 June 2019, 10:16 AM.

Comment

1. The need to install a readily accessible IP44 rated inlet coupler to BS EN 60309, not more than 1.8m from ground level (701.55.1.2), with a notice (721.514.1 and Fig 721);

2. For Isolation and Automatic Disconnection of Supply (old EEBADS) the need to provide a consumer unit with a Main Double pole 30mA RCD to BSEN61008 -1 rated at say 25A, that disconnects in 40mS @ 150mA (721.537.2.1 and 721.411.1);

3. For overcurrent protection a 10A double pole MCB for sockets and a 6A double pole MCB for lighting (721.43.1);

6. The sheathed flexible cables will be fixed at 0.4 vertically and 0.25 horizontally (721.522.8.1.3)

7. For connection to a site hook-up, a 25m long sheathed flexible cable with a CSA of 2.5mm squared, with a BSEN 60309-2 plug and coupler either end (721.55.2.6);

8. Standard 13A sockets (BS1363) and enclosed luminaries will be wired as radial circuits in accordance with the general requirements (BS7671:2008).

9. For equipotential bonding, 4mm squared protective conductors between the MET (Main Earthing Terminal) and internally accessible structural metallic parts of the motor caravan (721.411.3.1.2)
                        It concerns saving life over the vans electrical systems I suspect.
                        You would have to conform to this for insurance purposes, EHU site and the vehicle.
                        Theres some info online that concerns current flows and metal erosion at chassis earthing points in vehicles running 240V, ambulances etc.

Comment

It concerns saving life over the vans electrical systems I suspect.
                          You would have to conform to this for insurance purposes, EHU site and the vehicle.
                          Theres some info online that concerns current flows and metal erosion at chassis earthing points in vehicles running 240V, ambulances etc.
                          Should I fuse my ECU ground when earthing a 240vdc hook up to the chassis?

Comment

I have no ecu mate, mine is an abl, but no everything is neg earth on your bus..

Comment

I don’t see a problem with my set up on any of this?

Comment

Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
                                This is a good point.
                                Why would it?

Comment

Working...
                                X