T4 2001 1.9 TD Hello.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T4 2001 1.9 TD Hello.

Hello- I've had my van since 2012- a T4 2001 1.9 TD- and she's just passed her 11th MOT in my keeping. MOT guy suggested that I fit an engine tray- which she's never had- so I've bought one and I'm wondering if anybody has any tips on fitting it.

Mine came with one in the boot and I've never fitted it in the 5 years I've owned it

Comment

Ahh be ya and a warm welcome to the forum from the shire.Is it a Vdub steel one or an aftermarket plastic one? We have a vdub steel one on Mols bus and a plastic one on my 1.8 20 valve. Its just a case of jacking the van up safely then bolting it on. Theres four bolts, two on the left chassis leg and two on the right then two at the rear which have nuts and rubber cotton reels.There should also be a spring clip on the front cross member and two slotted holes on the sub frame for prongs on the rear of the Vdub belly pan to locate into. The plastic ones are easier to fit being lighter and can be removed on the roadside in a emergency without jacking the van up, dont ask how i know.

Comment

Originally posted by Benf View Post
        Mine came with one in the boot and I've never fitted it in the 5 years I've owned it
        Your a very naughty boy for not fitting it. The doka is short of one, how much do you want for it?

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post

Your a very naughty boy for not fitting it. The doka is short of one, how much do you want for it?
          I've thought about fitting it before but never got around to it. Do you actually want it for the doka?

Comment

Its on my shopping list as as usually when i buy a T4 their missing.

Comment

Its on my shopping list as as usually when i buy a T4 their missing.
              Sure it can be yours Si

Comment

Si. Will the short nose one fit a long nose. I have a steel one. In the garden. Mine has not got one on it

Comment

Originally posted by huskyman View Post
                  Si. Will the short nose one fit a long nose. I have a steel one. In the garden. Mine has not got one on it
                  Never thought of the long nose version but i would have thought the rad would be the same.

Comment

Si. Not on about the rad.the under tray is what I want to know

Comment

Not sure they fit, the cross member is different,
                      and there are different ones for 4 and 5 cylinders

Comment

Needs a diagram and some catalogue options posting. TP you up for doing that?
                        Pahahahaha!

Comment

Comment

Ahh be ya and a warm welcome to the forum from the shire.Is it a Vdub steel one or an aftermarket plastic one? We have a vdub steel one on Mols bus and a plastic one on my 1.8 20 valve. Its just a case of jacking the van up safely then bolting it on. Theres four bolts, two on the left chassis leg and two on the right then two at the rear which have nuts and rubber cotton reels.There should also be a spring clip on the front cross member and two slotted holes on the sub frame for prongs on the rear of the Vdub belly pan to locate into. The plastic ones are easier to fit being lighter and can be removed on the roadside in a emergency without jacking the van up, dont ask how i know.
                            Thanks for that. Yes, mine's plastic- £50 on eBay- very tough quality according to the seller. The bag of fixings has 35 pieces, so I guess it covers mine and other vehicle models too.
                            I also found a YouTube clip ;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c_lU1vBh5A
                            Last edited by colan; 12 March 2023, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Colan,
                              look here;

https://7zap.com/en/catalog/cars/Vol...se+insulation/

Shows the fixings and part numbers as described by S49.

Diagram
                              VW_T4_1999-2004_Undertray.png

Comment

Working...
                              X