No announcement yet.

Recent T4 owner, long term VW fanatic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent T4 owner, long term VW fanatic.

Hi all,

I was turned on to this forum by a very friendly lady who complimented me on my van in a Halfords car park.

I've only had my T4 for the last 4-5 months after pining on getting a transporter for years with the idea of day tripping and long weekends here in Wales and further. With the birth of my daughter nearly a year and a half ago this is looking like an ever more desirable prospect as she gets older for camping trips.

​​​​​​​I am a big VW fan, they're unassuming, classless and unpretentious not to mention that they're (in my experience at least) built to last. I've had 2 x MK4 Golfs, a MK1 breadvan polo, a mk2 polo, 4 x MK7 Golfs (2 GTIs, a GTD and an R) and currently own a MK5 GTI and T-Roc. But my pride and joy is my T4!
    ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
    ​​​​​​​Looking forward to getting to know everyone and pick up some hints and tips at getting my T4 up to standard, already done some bits on it and have some plans in the pipeline.

​​​​​​​Cheers!

Ahh be ya and a warm welcome from the shire. Where in Wales are you?

Comment

Ohh, if your planning work on the T4 start a build thread, that always goes down well.

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
        Ahh be ya and a warm welcome from the shire. Where in Wales are you?
        Thanks!

Based in South wales, more specifically, the Caerphilly area.

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
          Ohh, if your planning work on the T4 start a build thread, that always goes down well.
          That sounds good. I'll get a post done soon with some before and after shots of the work done to date. Hopefully some of you will be able to help point out the bits that are missing so I can get an idea of where to start.

Comment

Any questions just shout.

Comment

Hi there and welcome. Plenty of pics for us sad bastards to geek over please.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
              #vanlife

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Comment

The Forum is a lifeline - always buckle up...

Comment

The weather has been absolutely crap and i can't get any good lighting of the van after work since it's getting super dark around 4 pm, so it's a little belated, but here are some pictures.

The vinyl strip in the first image was hiding some very nasty holes, including some cowboy work of filling drill holes with silicone. I plan on keeping this for a long time, so I did a proper job myself to sand down, fill, sand and paint with 3 coats.

Comment

Nice1, great colour. Looks in great nick!
                      Thanks for posting.

Comment

Working...
                      X