• Gavin
    replied
    Ok thanks alot I'll have a look

Sent from my SM-G900F using Just T4s

Leave a comment:

• Hans
    replied
    Originally posted by S49 View Post
    You can have a problem under the seats if it has seat belt tensioners. Theres a little pug 106 I have to wriggle the wires under the seat everytime I take for the test. But do T4's have those?
    Don't think so mate. I got a 3 pin for heated seats on both and a 2 pin on the seat belt for the alarm thingy if u don't BuckleUp on driver side only

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Leave a comment:

• Eagles02
    replied
    Originally posted by S49 View Post
    Never had any experience of T4's with air bags but i'd be looking at the reel in the wheel. VWHeritage do a diode that plugs in so you can fit a wheel with no airbag, then the light will go out giving you an mot pass. Might be worth a look. Could be a cheaper fix if you don't mind an inoperative airbag.
    All that is is a spruced up resister mate.You can get them off eBay 5 for 99p.What I did as didn’t fancy the airbag blowing up when I’m playing guess the wire.

Leave a comment:

• S49
    replied
    Originally posted by Gavin View Post
    Hi all thanks for all your advice tried some of your ideas but none worked on my airbag light. so tuck my t4 to my local garage and they looked and one of them said he's got the same problem with his vans airbag light . he said it does not effect the van and it's in good condition he said they could fix it but they don't want the job because it's a Wright chew on and expensive. They said the problem is under the seats any one had the same problem.

You can have a problem under the seats if it has seat belt tensioners. Theres a little pug 106 I have to wriggle the wires under the seat everytime I take for the test. But do T4's have those?

Leave a comment:

• Activ8
    replied
    The garage are talking shite.

Heres the wiring for the airbag circuit;
    VW_T4_99-04_Airbag_Wiring.jpg
    Trace and test or replace it from the steering wheel (cable 2 in this image) the diagram shows both driver and passenger system.
    As you can see it shouldn't take long. Theres no cabling to the seat for sensors. I believe the one sensor is mounted behind the dashboard / centre vents area. Only stripped one 8 years ago and cannot recall if I'm honest.

from the image
    6) is the ground, 7) is diagnostics 8) is to the cluster 9) is to the airbag
    Last edited by Activ8; 29 March 2019, 04:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Eagles02
    replied
    As arf says,could be the easiest thing to do.If your airbag control thingy is buggered.As long as the light comes on and then goes out,same as abs it’ll pass the mot.

Leave a comment:

• Gavin
    replied
    Hi all thanks for all your advice tried some of your ideas but none worked on my airbag light. so tuck my t4 to my local garage and they looked and one of them said he's got the same problem with his vans airbag light . he said it does not effect the van and it's in good condition he said they could fix it but they don't want the job because it's a Wright chew on and expensive. They said the problem is under the seats any one had the same problem.

Leave a comment:

• Gavin
    replied
    Well this is my T4 that's giving me the headache thanks everyone for your help hopefully ill get it sorted.

Leave a comment:

• Gavin
    replied
    Ok thanks for the help I'll check that

Leave a comment:

• Activ8
    replied
    Start at the other "steering wheel" end first.... ECU is behind the nearside headlight and fuel filter area.

Leave a comment:

• Gavin
    replied
    Ok thanks I'm gonna look some more into it. Where would the ecu be on a t4 I carnt find it so can check the connections on it.

Leave a comment:

• S49
    replied
    But when iv looked up the code 00532 it says low voltage so I'm not sure what it could be.

Trouble with all OBD codes is its just a guide. Have known lots of experienced tecs replace parts because the obd "says "so but it could be anything on the circuit. Had a Toyota in last year with the abs light on. Obd said low voltage to ABS pump. Went in and found a glow plug fault as well, dead short in number three glow plug. Replaced glow plugs and the ABS light stayed out. Can only guess that the short was pulling so much voltage as to starve other sensitive components and that's the low voltage the OBD picked up and threw the ABS light on.

Leave a comment:

• arfur fox-acre
    replied
    Yeh think I'll give that ago. I'm just wondering what's happened for the warning light to come on and stay on.

Yes, I wondered that too. Still don't know. Still haven't needed the airbag yet.

Leave a comment:

• Activ8
    replied
    But when iv looked up the code 00532 it says low voltage so I'm not sure what it could be.

00532 - Supply Voltage B+: Signal too Low

Possible Causes
    Wiring/Connectors from/to Control Module faultyPower Supply (Battery/Generator) faultyPossible

Solutions
    Check/Repair Wiring/Connectors from/to Control ModuleCheck Power Supply (Battery/Generator)

Special Notes
    When found in an individual control module, it's most likely a local source (e.g. wiring/connectors).
    When found in multiple control modules at the same time, it's most likely a common source (e.g. ground spot, battery, generator).
    Intermittent codes are often stored during low outside temperature when the battery capacity goes down and may be ignored.

Common with*16946/P0562/001378 - System Voltage: Too Low*stored in other control modules.

Leave a comment:

• Gavin
    replied
    Yeh think I'll give that ago. I'm just wondering what's happened for the warning light to come on and stay on.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X