Hi all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all

Thought I would say a quick hello, had two t4s over the period of 11 years, current van is a 2.5 tdi 2002, brilliant van I take it Europe every year for three or so weeks, never missed a beat, tis my daily, Who needs a modern vdub!
    Also do upholstery for the past five or so years too. Mainly vdubs, boats and classic cars, just as a hobby now and I have started a YouTube channel on upholstery for mainly t4s and surf related accessories which I have mentioned on here a few days ago.
    Anyway have a great Christmas all.

Welcome,
    Where abouts are you, may be someone in the area wanting trimming.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

Thank you mate, hi to you too. I'm in warwickwhire/worcestershire area.
      Was thinking of doing some commissions if I made it into videos too.

Comment

Originally posted by SewAndSurf View Post
        Thank you mate, hi to you too. I'm in warwickwhire/worcestershire area.
        Was thinking of doing some commissions if I made it into videos too.
        Ah you see that was the wrong answer, you were meant to say manchester area.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

Haha sorry bud, only 1.5 hours away!

Comment

Ah be ya and a warm welcome from the shire . I'm one county across from you where the Herefordshire,Slopshire and Woostershire meet at Tenbury Wells.

Comment

Love it worth going to a meet for sure!

Comment

Hi and welcome on board

Comment

Hi Sew
                  Welcome hope you enjoy it's a great place.

Comment

Have you ever experimented with other seat bases in your van?
                    Your video and the design used got me thinking about the seat construction. It must be quite easy to rebuild or change the seat base cushion construction using another VAG unit? The existing width and van construction is comfortable for me but I've always liked the AUDI units with extendable thigh support and the square shaping (newer VAG). The scrappies I frequent have a fixed price policy for seats, so spending the cash for experimentation don't work, but if I whipped the seat base cushion out and left the rest might mean a cheap conversion.
                    Last edited by Activ8; 24 December 2019, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Hey dude, yes I have actually thought alot about re designing, well I've been thinking more on the lines off foam structure where I could remould one from a square block, as if I'm honest I don't really like the comfort aspect of the original seats. I had gut protectors in my other t4, think there old saab seats and blimey they were amazing!
                      Good thinking, I am doing more in depth videos on stuff like this so keep tuned.

Comment

morning and welcome

Comment

Thanks dude

Comment

Working...
                          X