Electrician

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrician

Hi all, new to this site. got a problem with my VWT4, 2003 drivers door. Cannot open it from inside or outside, has anyone got, or had the same problem. I am at my wits end, can any of you guys help please.

Something stuck by the sounds of it. Worst case, take a hole saw to the door and try and release it from under the skin.

Sent from The Alpine Express using Just T4s

Comment

Hi Snowrider, thanks for the comment really appreciate. sounds a bit drastic, don't think I've got the guts ta do that

Comment

Hi and welcome to the forum. Does the lock thing go up and down? Can you hear anything when turning the key in the lock? Do you have remote central locking?

Comment

Hi Mr Nozzle, door lock does not move solid, even key will not turn. Cannot hear anything when using key. Had central locking fitted years ago.

Comment

If you pull the door lock button from the inside does there feel like there is any resistance?

I think I would be getting some spray lube (gt85, wd40 or penetration oil etc) with the straw between the seal and window pointed at the lock mech and leather it with it, also spray the lock from inside the barrel (again with the straw stick it where the key goes) soak it!! Then work them to see if that works.
            Often the locking mech gets forgotten about and seizes and it's going to be closed when it does it isnt it...

Oh and hello and welcome

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Last edited by Greeny gtc; 28 November 2019, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Doesn't something happen to the spring in the lock. Think a few of had that issue on here. Oh and ah be ya and a warm welcome from the shire.

Comment

Hi S49, don't know about the spring lock. Thanks for the welcome, you guys feel like family so helpful.

Comment

Have you ever taken the door card off?
                  Does it have the front top screw fixing fitted?If not - after removing the pull handle, door knob - you could lift the door card up and off with a little card flexing. That allows access to the lock and rods.

Alternately try with a mate/Mrs operating the key in the door lock while you pull the lever and lift the door lock knob or its wire with a set of pliers. Gently does it though.
                  Last edited by Activ8; 28 November 2019, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Door card off.

5 minutes when you know how, plenty guide on youtube

30 minutes to get what lefts of the rubbers that should be fitted out of the bottom of the door.

Should be fairly obvious whats up with the lock once you can see it

Comment

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                      Door card off.

5 minutes when you know how, plenty guide on youtube

30 minutes to get what lefts of the rubbers that should be fitted out of the bottom of the door.

Should be fairly obvious whats up with the lock once you can see it
                      I do t think they can open from the inside either....

Rozzi, how did you get on? Did you take a drill to the door?

Comment

Should be able to get enough of the door card pulled away with the door shut to get to the lock to pop it open

Comment

Can you pull the lock pin up from the inside? If so try holding it up while you pull the handle.

Had the issue on one can where the pin would drop by itself, relocking it as you tried to open it

Comment

Hi guys, good news I have managed to get the door open, hooray. what I did unscrewed doorlatch, took square piece of plastic out so I could see parts of the lock, got a flat blade screwdriver, poked, and prodded ( need plenty of patience ) got on part of lock pressed down, door opened to first stage, then more prodding more patience, moving door button up and down at the same time next thing it popped open I was so made up. just waiting for new lock now. Thanks to all you guys for all your comments, I really appreciate it. You guys rock

Comment

Any one know anyone who can refurb the circuit board cluster lv just wasted £70 on a cluster off eBay - “like new and tested” odometer read after plugging up 540k ! I dread to think what he calls quite used - only the fuel gauge worked (ironically that was gone on my old one and reason for buying this pile of crap) - would VW have old stock (new) l wonder lv seen where they hair line crack on You tube but lm like a drunken bear with a soldering iron

Comment

Working...
                              X