No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bassforce86 View Post
    Welcome to the forum! Loving your work so far! Always great to see another T4 getting some love instead of being traded in for a businessman wagon.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Just T4s
    Thanks buddy!

I’ve seen your new addition and really look forward to seeing the progress as it comes along!

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
    #vanlife

Comment

Welcome!!

Slowly slowly catchy monkey!

Comment

Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
        No idea what you mean weirdos [emoji89] [emoji83] [emoji56]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s
        Oh yes you do.

Welcome Tom, great first post and thanks for the pictures.
        Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
          Oh yes you do.

Welcome Tom, great first post and thanks for the pictures.
          Ah right you Arf

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

Welcome to the forum Tommy , you’ll fit right in on here , great bunch

Comment

Welcome on board mate, cracking job so far [emoji106]

Sell my T4 !!! I'd rather stick wasps up my butt.

Comment

Welcome mate.Looks like you’ve done loads already.nice van..

Comment

Welcome to the site buddy, great bunch on here if you ever need anything. Rosie is looking good!

Comment

Originally posted by TommyP View Post
                    Hi Guys and Gals!

We picked up 'Rosy' in September last year.
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]9666[/ATTACH]
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]9667[/ATTACH]
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]9668[/ATTACH]

She's a 1.9td born on 2-April-1998. When we got her she had already been used as a camper by the previous owners but they had to get rid due to rust issues getting on top of them. She had been off the road for a while and came with no MOT. First job was book in for an MOT and amazing she only needed a tyre (incorrect size across axle but came with spares!), 2 bulbs and headlight alignment!!

Rosy shares the drive with a my work van (boring citroen, just a tool), an Audi C5 Allroad, a 1987 Scirocco GT, loads of spare bits and shite and 2 wheelie bins.

Since the pictures (taken the day we pulled her back), we've done shedloads of work to her, welding (now completely structurally sound), ripped out all the previous camper bits (there wasn't much, the airbed had gone flat and the newspaper/jiffy bag insulation mostly rotted away) insulated, fitted the bed and built the units, hob and so very many other bits;

Rubber to bonded windows
                    Barn doors to tailgate
                    Full engine service
                    Gearbox oil change and linkage bushes
                    Short shift mod
                    Sprayed door cards
                    Curtains
                    Leisure battery/split charge/240v hookup (behind reflector)/smart mains charger
                    Remote central locking with tailgate poppers
                    +much more.

Got loads left to do but we're now staying away in her as we always wanted a long term rolling project so we do more every week. We've probably done approx. 3000 miles since we got her. I have driven vans of all types but I literally cannot believe how incredible these old tubs are to drive. Ours came lowered and the fuel pump/turbo mods already done so I can only describe it has a midway point between a mk2 golf gti and an LT. The best of both worlds! A joy to drive that you can explore in! I had promised myself a T4 for years and can't believe it took this long to take the plunge on.

I came across this forum some time ago but have only recently looked at it seriously. It looks great and I cant stand dicks but do love a light hearted approach. don't like these opinionated w**kers you see so much on other forums.

We're based in Leicester so I'm watching the 'Midlands meet?' thread with big beedy eager eyes! We're part of a small local car club already but would love to be a part of something a little more focused on the van.

I'm usually always busy doing something but try to spend as much time as possible researching car/van stuff so I look forward to trawling through the forum even more.

Sorry if this has been hard to read and long winded but, 1) I'm a builder not a columnist and 2) I hate seeing newbie posts like this: 'Hi, I'm Dave and my van is blue'. you see these all over the internet and its boring as hell.

Thanks!
                    Tom
                    Morning buddy! Vans coming along nicely then! Keep the updates rolling in

Cheers. Tim

Comment

morning, you've done some cracking work there, you owe yourself a big pat on the back

Comment

Looks like the van is coming along just nice mate, welcome to the group 🤙🏻

Sent from my iPad using Just T4s

Comment

Welcome to the group these people on here are amazing and very helpful

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Just T4s

Comment

Hello Rosy and Tom. [emoji41]
                            Hopefully see you at a Midlands Meet.

Comment

Working...
                            X