Blue smoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
    Do they still sell Slick 50? Remember when that was all the rage and the absurd marketing that went with it?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s
    As far as I'm aware you can still get it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Wouldn't something like this be better than 2 stroke oil?

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
        Wouldn't something like this be better than 2 stroke oil?

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
        They're adding it in the diesel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Did Slick 50 go in the oil?

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
            Did Slick 50 go in the oil?
            Yea I seem to remember it did.
            You had to get the engine nice and hot and then drop it in.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

My 2.5 has smoked when cold for as long as I can remember, made worse by putting a decat on with a straight out exhaust. Standard exhausts blow downwards which helps to disguise the smoke.
              I have been told/read that it's just something that the 2.5's do when cold, that it is the valve stem seals, that it is most certainly not the valve stem seals as they still do it once stem seals have been replaced, that it's a sign the injector nozzles are worn out.

Mine will actually start to smoke again if idled for a while after a long journey, which would support the theory about the cylinders cooling down resulting in poor burning, which could then add support to the goosed injector nozzles theory as mine have now done 109k miles.
              But there seems to be strong support on the other forum for it being "just a 2.5 thing".

Is there anyone on here who's 2.5 does not smoke from cold, after extended idling.
              That's something else, it doesn't smoke at first. If you start & go it'll likely be fine, or at least you won't notice it.
              1999 2.5 TDI

Comment

Mine has blue smoke from cold when gunned a bit. It nevers smokes after idleing for a bit though.
                Me cago en la madre que te pariĆ³!

Comment

Yeah mine smokes a bit from cold but is clear when idling hot

Sent from my vernee_M5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DubDick View Post
                    My 2.5 has smoked when cold for as long as I can remember, made worse by putting a decat on with a straight out exhaust. Standard exhausts blow downwards which helps to disguise the smoke.
                    I have been told/read that it's just something that the 2.5's do when cold, that it is the valve stem seals, that it is most certainly not the valve stem seals as they still do it once stem seals have been replaced, that it's a sign the injector nozzles are worn out.

Mine will actually start to smoke again if idled for a while after a long journey, which would support the theory about the cylinders cooling down resulting in poor burning, which could then add support to the goosed injector nozzles theory as mine have now done 109k miles.
                    But there seems to be strong support on the other forum for it being "just a 2.5 thing".

Is there anyone on here who's 2.5 does not smoke from cold, after extended idling.
                    That's something else, it doesn't smoke at first. If you start & go it'll likely be fine, or at least you won't notice it.

Yes this - and they smell.

I thought the smell and the smoke only affected the AJT blue i 88bhp vans? And thought that worn stana injectors were to blame

It's not stem seals, you're right there.

Comment

Noticed on vcds that injector 5 on mine is 30% down on the rest

Sent from my vernee_M5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine smells. Mostly of burnt oil
                        Me cago en la madre que te pariĆ³!

Comment

Ah, just an AJT thing you say.. due to the stana's... I have a full set of bosch injectors waiting to go in, had them for years but just lost interest in power upgrades before installing them.
                          1999 2.5 TDI

Comment

Yes my 2.5 smokes the same when cold & I was worried about the MOT emissions thingy!
                            But it passed all the same after I'd warmed it up on the local dual carriegeway

Sent from my SM-G900F using Just T4s

Comment

Working...
                            X