Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saving a T4 from being scrapped, what could go wrong...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never say never....

Sent from my vernee_M5 using Tapatalk

Comment

£250 is amazing - scrappers are a grand round here.

You could sell the gearbox and make your money back if it's a no go - but it looks good to me.

Whoever sold it for £250 didn't have a clue.

If you can weld big lumps of metal the bodywork will be easy enough, cut back to good shiny metal, prep well and turn the welder down, go easy on the heat, stitch a bit at a time if you start blowing holes - build seams with a second welding, a second cooling.

Comment

You can always get a few off cuts to practice on. Or spend £250 on an old van and practice on that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

It's been up on the ramp and the rust is not too bad. Round the back of the side door aperture at the bottom and out to the edge of the wheel arch. A couple of holes along the seam where the floor meets the tub of the rear wheel arches both sides and somewhere along the back near the towbar (a bit vague that I know..) I'm letting my mate weld it, I just don't have the ability, time or space at the moment and I really need it on the road asap.

It's probably not getting started til next week now which is a shame but at least I can get all the other bits together while I'm waiting.

Comment

Lets see lots of work in progress pictures. Old Si likes a few of those mate.

Comment

Sure thing, I don't know if I'll be able to get any of the rusty bits before they're repaired but once it's home for the mechanical stuff I will.

So far I'm looking at;

Smoking when cold, injectors/timing? Water and oil are good.
              Droning from the back, probably wheel bearing(s)
              Knackered track rod end, damper and arb bushes
              Iffy handbrake, I reckon the calipers are seized as the discs are rough and rusty as hell.
              Noisy PAS, I'm hoping just a leaky pump
              Gears change smoothly but selector is all over the place, will rebush.
              Heater flaps are stuck on defrost.
              Various patches to rub back and repaint.
              Full belt and fluid change.

I'm glad I can cycle to work...

Comment

Still a bargain though

Sent from my vernee_M5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X