No announcement yet.

New owner possibly near maidstone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yer i do agree with you there on the clean up . Which i know i aint too shabby at doing . Glue remover . Clean polish would make all the difference . Would have to be done any how if i fid wrap it [emoji6]

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Just T4s
    uk garrison

Comment

And, ......what have you decided to do?
      Either way we'll all be here to support your journey...

Comment

Thank you

I want the 2.5 wife wants the tdi conversion [emoji23] so just trying to persuade her [emoji6]

uk garrison

Comment

I’m a newbie and I’ve been de-stickering since last weekend. Actually quite enjoyed that. Kettle of water my preferred method although hairdryer works too. You’ll end up with residue! The autoglym intensive tar remover (and thumbnail!) sorts that. I was then left with very clean bits where the stickers came off and faded parts where the flowers and palm trees had been. I borrowed my mates mop and some cutting compound and after a lot of sodding about it looks brilliant. Will take some more pics as did the whole side yesterday and that was the worst but to give you some idea......

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Comment

The last pic was after one cut (you can see half of the compound left on the bottom sliding door - I’ve redone it and waxed it all since and it’s looking fine imho. Cue everyone telling me they ‘loved the palm trees’ [emoji23]

Comment

That's come up well Tiki mate.

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
                  That's come up well Tiki mate.
                  Cheers lots of elbow grease getting the sticky bits off (and a screwdriver flat thumbnail!) but worth it. Couldn’t live with the flowers!

Comment

Much better

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

Bloody loved those palm trees [emoji16]

Looks very shiny mate. Good work

Comment

Thats the plan mate well done on the clean up there . Used to be in the vinyl trade so . A steamer / wall paper stripper should do . Also removes alot of glue at the same time . Glue remover with plastic blades 8n a scraper followed by a possible flat down and polish [emoji106] 2.5 . May try get a new sliding door . Seems the worst part body wise on the van . May get one with a window fitted u never know

uk garrison

Comment

Looks so much better

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Just T4s

Comment

50 / 50 and full polish . How i done my rx8 when i had it ... the next one i flatted down then polished . But u get the idea

uk garrison

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper View Post
                              well unfortunatly cant afford both . both have the pros and cons ..

the 2.5 im tempted with but is any one local to help with side windows and bulk head removal which some one could have for free and help remove lol
                              then the inner arch . not a great del to do

also need to look at options to fix the heater etc as can only be adjusted under the bonnet
                              the body well i dont think its that bad , and once wraped would look great

the 1.9 tdi .. has most of what i want including the rear seats and side windows ..

hmm decisions .. i got the weekend to work it out lol
                              I like the 1.9 mate, welcome along...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm in the 1.9td camp......

Comment

Working...
                                X