No announcement yet.

Brighton Newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks buddy. Don't worry - I know theres ALOT of work to do to get her cleaned up.
    Flowers are now off but paint is faded and you can still see where they were so have had my mop out in between the showers!
    Weather hasn't been kind to me this weekend.
    I need to replace the B and C pillar black vinyl (notice its one side only!) - Get her polished up, replace the missing rear badge and wiper arm then think about lowering her.
    Am thinking black banded steel wheels (maybe powder coated) - I'm not really sure what they are if anyone can explain then lowering.
    Been reading up on that and will have to be careful what drop I get as needs to be practical. Being a 'weekender' has the seven seats and roller bed etc. Its prob heavy so I need to choose the springs carefuly right ? It looks like its been jacked up if anything at the moment haha!
    Thanks for all your comments. Will post more pics as I go through the clean up operation!

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

That’s the boot lid done, stickers removed, then the glue those left painfully removed (with sticky stuff remover and half of my thumbnail which is now squared off!) mopped and polished! The eurovan badge was all worn so if you zoom in I decided to sand the worn silver off with wet and dry to get it to black! I’ll get a black satin badge for it too I think. Could use a black number protector and tint the back windows if anyone here has a suggestions of where might be a good place ? Oh and I added the stussy sticker - been saving that for years in the hope of getting a transporter! What do you think? One panel almost done. Should I add a German pressed plate too?

Comment

The lowering is all down to personal choice, I lowered mine on H&R springs 40mm, with all the cupboards bed and camping stuff it sits just right for me, it's all speedbumps round my way and they don't affect me at all.

If your not having all the camping weight a 50mm drop might be better for you ? [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

Thanks - Yours looks great on the 40mm. Yes maybe I could try 50mm. Did you do the front adjustments too ?
            Have read somewhere brake forces might be adjusted on lowering. Its this an issue ?

Comment

Always a fan of black badges (I got without most if the shiney from both my t4 and my scimitar.
              She looks a load better with out the palm trees!!

Comment

Cheers mate, I've never had a problem with the brakes on mine, I have read tho if you start going past 60mm lower it could cause a problem.

Dave Sausages will be able to tell you more on that, mine was lowered when I got it bud, I swapped the rear springs only as the old ones were shot [emoji106]

Comment

looking good, decals for window surrounds here https://www.vwheritage.com/705898312...model-vw-spare black badges also available here https://www.vwheritage.com/323853601...black-vw-spare showing as out of stock, but due in soon, and not far from you
                  1995 petrol(acu) syncro multivan just passed 300,000 km's and still going strong

Comment

Like that colour,

Comment

Cheers and thanks for posting Tiki Clark, panels and paintwork look straight and that palm tree in ORANGE has given me Reggie styling flashbacks.... gulp [emoji32]

Sent by Solar Ray to Just T4s

Comment

That brilliant thanks people - This is a great forum.
                        Ill pay a visit to VW heritage in the next few days and iwll ask them about my belt too.
                        Thanks for the links - With regard to the link for the badge that states front and its the back I need. Or are they the same does anyone know ?

Comment

Cheers - SOmeone said it was California Green but have no idea of working out if thats right!

Comment

Lovely van. Love tha yank bumper [emoji106]

Comment

Originally posted by Hans View Post
                              Lovely van. Love tha yank bumper [emoji106]

I was thinking that looks like her tongue is out.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiki Clark View Post
                                That brilliant thanks people - This is a great forum.
                                Ill pay a visit to VW heritage in the next few days and iwll ask them about my belt too.
                                Thanks for the links - With regard to the link for the badge that states front and its the back I need. Or are they the same does anyone know ?
                                no, not the same as front, maybe ask them about the rear when you get there
                                1995 petrol(acu) syncro multivan just passed 300,000 km's and still going strong

Comment

Working...
                                X