Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie T4 Fettler Saying Hi to fellow T4 owners!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
    Meaner with the eyebrows fitted. Converted from short nose with barn doors to longnose with tailgate. Multivan II interior albeit unfinished , as I need to put in a new floor. 20" rims with 285/30 rear, front & rear ARB's, GAZ shortened shocks, upgraded disks and brakes. Still tons to do of course!

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s
    It does look sweet , I'd like a bad boy bonnet for mine , have you done all that work on it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Fitting help and guidance from Will at Tidy Transporters and a couple of other guys on the other forum.

Comment

Van was in storage for a few years as I've been working abroad a lot. Pulled it out last September and thought about finishing it. Still thinking about it...

Comment

It's to good to leave ... unless you sell it to me [emoji13]

Comment

I've been side tracked by wanting more bhp / torque... started researching it all and learning to map it using my daily driver as the donor guinea pig, now I'm doing the compressor map calcs, component building my own turbos and wanting to fit something big and enough to generate 1500mg/s of air boosting to 2.8bar...

Comment

I've been side tracked by wanting more bhp / torque... started researching it all and learning to map it using my daily driver as the donor guinea pig, now I'm doing the compressor map calcs, component building my own turbos and wanting to fit something big and enough to generate 1500mg/s of air boosting to 2.8bar...

Well that's all well beyond me ... but sounds pretty good [emoji104], I'd like a quick motor again before I get to old lol

Comment

Great looking vans

Come rain or shine im out in mine!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Just T4s

Comment

Joined yesterday after reviewing the site... and it fits my maddening needs as a T4 nut...

I'm based in Derby, own a few vans all in varying levels of "development" and need some technical support and inspiration!
                  For the past few years I've been mapping my own AJT and ACV ECU's and I am now looking to upgrade the turbo hardware, pump etc...
                  Anyone fitted a GT2260V / GT2556V or GT2559V?
                  Anyone fitted an eBay Maxpeeding Rods Universal turbo GT28xx?
                  Anyone fitted the Chinese manufactured 11 to 12mm diesel pump upgrade ?
                  Anyone built there own inlet or exhaust manifolds?

I realise theres a ton of other factors to consider but its always good to get other experiences - good and bad!
                  Why has no-one ever got to the same bhp / torque levels as the infamous shadowmaker? Was it down to spending money?
                  Look forward to hearing from you?
                  I used to run the same spec as him, even bought my camshaft from the man but never got it up to his figures due to lack of decent mapping, it’s changed a lot nowadays though and there’s a few hitting his figures.

Comment

What are they standard? 100bhp - Sounds low for a 1.9?!

It's indirect injection

Last one I built for myself was 140 brake - head was limiting flow.

There are a few that have cracked 200 brake limit using compound charging.

Comment

Joined yesterday after reviewing the site... and it fits my maddening needs as a T4 nut...

I'm based in Derby, own a few vans all in varying levels of "development" and need some technical support and inspiration!
                      For the past few years I've been mapping my own AJT and ACV ECU's and I am now looking to upgrade the turbo hardware, pump etc...
                      Anyone fitted a GT2260V / GT2556V or GT2559V?
                      Anyone fitted an eBay Maxpeeding Rods Universal turbo GT28xx?
                      Anyone fitted the Chinese manufactured 11 to 12mm diesel pump upgrade ?
                      Anyone built there own inlet or exhaust manifolds?

I realise theres a ton of other factors to consider but its always good to get other experiences - good and bad!
                      Why has no-one ever got to the same bhp / torque levels as the infamous shadowmaker? Was it down to spending money?
                      Look forward to hearing from you?
                      Not heard anything good about the chinese pump heads - but there's a lot of naysayers (mostly american) that will diss chinese made stuff yet still buy branded gear made in the same factories with the same machines.

A lot of the chinese stuff is good.

I bought a knockoff chinese bosch injection pump (petrol) and a genuine one - they had exactly the same witness marks from tooling on them - go figure!

I know people who have actually run the ebay turbos and had no problems

I've built dual plenum long runner inlet manifolds - and loads of hybrid pumps.

I want to build a proper equal length exhaust manifold to run a BMW 330D turbo for my 2.5....

Need to get my 240 injectors first - have you got any maps you are willing to share? (EDC 15 AJT)
                      Last edited by regcheeseman; 17 October 2017, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                        It's indirect injection

Last one I built for myself was 140 brake - head was limiting flow.

There are a few that have cracked 200 brake limit using compound charging.
                        What boost / psi can the standard head / bottom end take?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                          I used to run the same spec as him, even bought my camshaft from the man but never got it up to his figures due to lack of decent mapping, it’s changed a lot nowadays though and there’s a few hitting his figures.

Yes, it was following your build and your for sale thread that led me to this forum... shame - great van by all accounts?
                          I'd appreciate your expertise and feedback on taking mine forward - I cannot remember shadow makers mapper but how come you didn't hook up with him?

Comment

Shadowmaker is from Norway so a little far for me to get the van mapped, as it happened engine went last year so back down to 130 these days!! To be honest I kind of like life in the slow lane now lol. I’ll help as much as possible but there’s loads of info out there now as so many have gone 200+ in various different guises.

Are you on FB?

Comment

What boost / psi can the standard head / bottom end take?

Stock setup can start to lift and weep just over 20 PSI

I was running 35 with ARP studs and a standard metal sandwich gasket.

Lots of tales about bent cranks/rods from too much low end boost and unequal boost pressure across ports on standard manifold, for this reason I designed a girdle kit (have the CAD files if you are interested) and the long runner dual plenum inlet.

This was all on the 1.9 block - did mess with a 1.6/1.9 hybrid as advocated in the states but it really doesn't work - that was a painful lesson for me in not believing the internets. The more I quizzed the people who were building the 'frankenmotor' the more the truth came out and the issues were identified.

I was running VNT turbo with a home made controller running a simple map, but in the end the servo actuator couldn't keep up so I ditched it and locked the vanes open - made little difference and there was no discernible lag as a result.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                                Shadowmaker is from Norway so a little far for me to get the van mapped, as it happened engine went last year so back down to 130 these days!! To be honest I kind of like life in the slow lane now lol. I’ll help as much as possible but there’s loads of info out there now as so many have gone 200+ in various different guises.

Are you on FB?

Cheers Dan, I think the lack of mapping expertise explains a lot and possibly the main reason for the lower performances of those that mirrored shadowmakers very open builds & forum guidance.

I'm intrigued by your engine failure? Did I understand this correctly? Why not rebuild, if it was kept? Although cost for us T4 owner always takes the main lead!
                                Did you use the AXG/AHY manifolds or fabricate your own to marry up with your large hybrid (can you recall what turbo specs / type you ended up with?)

So many questions....

I'm not on FB.

Comment

Working...
                                X