• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice van welcome rocco...
    Come rain or shine im out in mine!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Just T4s

Comment

Looks nice Rocco. Get out in your van and use it, you will realise what you need or don't need inside. Don't spend a fortune fitting things just cos loads of people have them, there will be plenty of things to spend on! You can tweak it as you use it. It's a nice colour btw, and doesn't look in bad nick in photos.

Old not retro.

Comment

I love the colour of your van, personally I'd keep it as that. My next job is the body work as the arches are rusty. So I'm saving up for that job to be done. There are a a few scratches on it but it's a daily drive for me and may get a few more stone chips or scratches. So will see how we go. You have a great blank canvas for creating exactly what you want, that is practice for you. Some say do it for resale so add this or that. But I think it has to suit your needs if you have bought it to use rather than resale. Mine had a lovely interior when I bought it. But having lived with it for 4 months I didn't find it as practical as O'd like it. Some of the storage was not very accessible. So I thought about changing it and doing it in palet wood as I love that. However one of the reasons for doing it was to take some weight out of the van. So I changed the idea of what I wanted and then had it fitted. I took out the Smev 2 ring burner and sink unit as I never used the sink also wanted to be able to cook outside and inside. So I now have collapsible washing up bowl & drainer. Plus a 2 ring ethanol burner that can. E used inside and outside. I also have a single ring gas one in there. Now everything fits in. It looks amazing and all I need to do is add in my BBQ/fire pit. When I go away.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Welcome... keep the colour! It's cool x

My T4 Ruby....She squeaks and rattles but I wouldn't change her for the world!

Comment

Hi Tasha you must be new too! Welcome to the forum

Sent from my LG-H870 using Just T4s

Comment

Thanks guy for your comments and ideas!!! Tasha do you have any interior pics, sounds like you have some good ideas!
              At the moment got the units and wardrobe ( not fitted yet ) and the r&r bed on order! Been on the phone to insurance companies and they state I have to have an job and sink fitted for it to be classed as a camper???
              I wasn't going to fit one in as I have a camping Double hob and don't really want to cook in the van with fat smells etc....
              how do any of you guys go about your insurance, insured as a camper? Day can? Or just s panel van???
              Thanks

Comment

Bloody predictive text ..... job instead of hob .... can instead of van [emoji13]

Comment

Did you get your insurance sorted. I went with Carole Nash in the end. Mines been changed to a motorhome on the v5 so didn't ask questions about hob or sink. The best thing about changing your v5 is you're not limited to van speeds on national limit roads. I.e. 50 on single and 60 on dual. My mates with them as well and he hasn't got a hob or sink in his.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Just T4s

Comment

Cheers mate, yes got it sorted with HIC insurance best quote! £420 fully comp , 10,000 miles a year , key care, Mis Fuel ( incase I put petrol in ha )
                    Went around to 4 body shops, quotes ranged from £1500 to £4000 for two new wings new arches and a full respray ouch [emoji30]

Comment

Gutted!!! Was hoping around a grand....

Comment

Originally posted by Davetip75 View Post
                        Did you get your insurance sorted. I went with Carole Nash in the end. Mines been changed to a motorhome on the v5 so didn't ask questions about hob or sink. The best thing about changing your v5 is you're not limited to van speeds on national limit roads. I.e. 50 on single and 60 on dual. My mates with them as well and he hasn't got a hob or sink in his.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Just T4s
                        I'm with carole Nash and coming up for renewal. I'm in process of converting interior and was going to re-register as motor caravan to get quote down but I read somewhere that I would need to add a catalytic convertor for MOT. Do you know if that's right?

Sent from my D6503 using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by 888_special View Post
                          I'm with carole Nash and coming up for renewal. I'm in process of converting interior and was going to re-register as motor caravan to get quote down but I read somewhere that I would need to add a catalytic convertor for MOT. Do you know if that's right?

I've just been reading about that and the way I read it was that since 2012 you can't be failed for not having a cat on a diesel engine as long as the emmisions are ok.
                          http://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/...cations/25998/

What happens in the camper, stays in the camper.

Comment

I've just been reading about that and the way I read it was that since 2012 you can't be failed for not having a cat on a diesel engine as long as the emmisions are ok.
                            http://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/...cations/25998/

Thanks Dave. Very useful. I will continue conversion for dvla re-registration then! The MOT garage I used didn't even smoke test either but I wanted to have the relevant information just in case.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by 888_special View Post
                              Thanks Dave. Very useful. I will continue conversion for dvla re-registration then! The MOT garage I used didn't even smoke test either but I wanted to have the relevant information just in case.

Cheers
                              Just read this now, so maybe things have changed again. https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1375381

Comment

Just read this now, so maybe things have changed again. https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1375381

So much conflicting information. Think I will just stick with my MOT man, he didn't check for cat or do smoke test [emoji106]

Comment

Working...
                                X