Run The Ring. Brum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Run The Ring. Brum

Just an idle day dream. Could it be done, how much could we raise, who would we give it to? I dont live near a "big smoke". 'ereford dont have a ring road, you could drive round Shoesbury but it wouldnt take more than a half hour.

Hasn't Brum recently imposed congestion charge or some Euro category? Or is that only inside the ring road?

Comment

Dont know. I was thinking up the M5,down the M6 and back round the M42. I dont actually want to go to the place. As i said just an idle daydream.

Comment

Si. If. You pick. the right charity it could be a worthwhile trip. Like. Air ambulance. Or. Cancer research. Uk

Comment

Originally posted by huskyman View Post
          Si. If. You pick. the right charity it could be a worthwhile trip. Like. Air ambulance. Or. Cancer research. Uk
          Great choices of charity here.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
          #vanlife

Comment

Tommy. I have seen. What the Air ambulance is all about and they do a good job

Comment

Could tie it in with an open day at the air ambulance, strensham services on the m5

Comment

‘Brum’ the ring!!! Great idea. I’d second the air ambulance. I’m in.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Charities are a joke , they have relieved Government of supplying essential services over the last 30 years or so. They've de-Politicised sensitive voter subjects and now stay well clear of them.

I commend all those that work in them albeit not at the top tier, taking huge salaries from gifted monies often MP's, M'Lords, Peers and the general hereditary chaff.

Charities have become an Industry in this Country and its simply wrong.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                    Charities are a joke , they have relieved Government of supplying essential services over the last 30 years or so. They've de-Politicised sensitive voter subjects and now stay well clear of them.

I commend all those that work in them albeit not at the top tier, taking huge salaries from gifted monies often MP's, M'Lords, Peers and the general hereditary chaff.

Charities have become an Industry in this Country and its simply wrong.

Well fuck me that killed that ……

Comment

Nah,
                      We all know it simply won't happen, as a forum we struggle to get a few vans together for an annual meet, never mind the upgrade to donating a few quid to "good causes".

Good luck to the Organiser.

Since I've been here there's been been two sponsorship requests, AV did one and I did another.

Response to my sponsored run - zero.
                      AV's sponsored run , me and possibly two others gave a few quid.

I did a load of stuff for Derbyshire Mountain Rescue (yes - "Mountain") and thought why bother asking here.

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                        Nah,
                        We all know it simply won't happen, as a forum we struggle to get a few vans together for an annual meet, never mind the upgrade to donating a few quid to "good causes".

Good luck to the Organiser.

Since I've been here there's been been two sponsorship requests, AV did one and I did another.

Response to my sponsored run - zero.
                        AV's sponsored run , me and possibly two others gave a few quid.

I did a load of stuff for Derbyshire Mountain Rescue (yes - "Mountain") and thought why bother asking here.

Well I can honestly say I didn’t see any sponsorship…. As for meeting I would but everyone has different commitments.. I’m close to j17 of m4 , most of you guys are up north , fuel and hours to a meet wouldn’t work very often to just stand in a car park getting wet and trashed about how shit my satin black with gold banded wheels van is …. A sheep I might be but being shagged ?? Nah :-)

Come down south and we could meet in Devon where we are welcome … oh no sorry we aren’t :-)

Comment

Originally posted by spedwing View Post

Well I can honestly say I didn’t see any sponsorship…. As for meeting I would but everyone has different commitments.. I’m close to j17 of m4 , most of you guys are up north , fuel and hours to a meet wouldn’t work very often to just stand in a car park getting wet and trashed about how shit my satin black with gold banded wheels van is …. A sheep I might be but being shagged ?? Nah :-)

Come down south and we could meet in Devon where we are welcome … oh no sorry we aren’t :-)
                          A sheep you say , come to Wales you’ll be welcomed with open arms , you must live near Chippenham , Castle Combe used to be my second home

Comment

Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post

A sheep you say , come to Wales you’ll be welcomed with open arms , you must live near Chippenham , Castle Combe used to be my second home
                            Yes dude I do ,I take my youngest to Combe cuz he loves the drift cars , the do some good weekends

Comment

Wish i hadnt opened me mouth now. It is a shame we never seem to get good numbers at meets. Think 6 off here is about the record i'm afraid.I've travelled east,west, north and south and know its not so simple for a lot on here.

Comment

Working...
                              X