Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by chally69 View Post
        Why can't I ever see your pics turk?

Same , I can't see them either [emoji20]

Comment

• It's smart phones I believe is the issue or specifically mobile Apple products

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
            It's smart phones I believe is the issue or specifically mobile Apple products
            I'm on the iPhone or iPod so that would make sense

Comment

• As Dan says Jo an issue with Apple products as they run the Safari web browser. You could install a different mobile web browser on your iPod like Chrome or Opera Mini. Alternatively you could also try right clicking on the image place holder ( the little square where the photo should be ) and then choose to open image in another tab, that may work.

One of the very many reason why I don't use Apple devices ! Apart from being a slave to apple once you buy one of their products, their take on Internet security is to 'block everything' !

TURK
              Yeah, baby ! ........ new Multivan 151bhp AHY 'BigBlue' ; ) >> http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1023689
              And ......... Lulu, T4 2.5 TDi short nose 126bhp > http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=276554
              The T4 Quad Headlight Project > http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=249064

Comment

• T4 Quad Headlight Project .......... latest update

I don't think many people using iOS are using the safari browser to look at the forum, most people will be using the app from tapatalk.

Comment

• Originally posted by TURK View Post
                  As Dan says Jo an issue with Apple products as they run the Safari web browser. You could install a different mobile web browser on your iPod like Chrome or Opera Mini. Alternatively you could also try right clicking on the image place holder ( the little square where the photo should be ) and then choose to open image in another tab, that may work.

One of the very many reason why I don't use Apple devices ! Apart from being a slave to apple once you buy one of their products, their take on Internet security is to 'block everything' !

TURK
                  Yep I'm on the app not safari , I never used to like apple , so restricted sometimes but I've fallen into the trap now and having Apple Music etc linked on everything Is so easy for me I love it again !

Comment

• The only apple I like is in westons cider

Comment

• Anybody tried opening blocked images in another tab yet ? ......... does it work ?

I'm a bit miffed that some people are not seeing my images as they are using apple devices.

TURK
                      Yeah, baby ! ........ new Multivan 151bhp AHY 'BigBlue' ; ) >> http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1023689
                      And ......... Lulu, T4 2.5 TDi short nose 126bhp > http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=276554
                      The T4 Quad Headlight Project > http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=249064

Comment

• Originally posted by TURK View Post
                        Anybody tried opening blocked images in another tab yet ? ......... does it work ?

I'm a bit miffed that some people are not seeing my images as they are using apple devices.

TURK
                        That's the thing Turk most people using Apple, well specifically iOS use the app so don't have the option of opening another tab. Even most of the android users will be using an app not a browser. Even if you do use a browser It's not just safari, The only way I've found to view your images on iOS is to download Opera mini, the browser, load up just T4s scroll to the bottom, load the full site, find your posts and hey presto. It's a bit long winded.

This is how it looks

The app

Chrome

Firefox

Safari

I think they are in the right order, either way opera mini is the only one

I think I've said all this before in the tread somewhere mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by ricrhys View Post
                          That's the thing Turk most people using Apple, well specifically iOS use the app so don't have the option of opening another tab. Even most of the android users will be using an app not a browser. Even if you do use a browser It's not just safari, The only way I've found to view your images on iOS is to download Opera mini, the browser, load up just T4s scroll to the bottom, load the full site, find your posts and hey presto. It's a bit long winded.

This is how it looks

The app

Chrome

Firefox

Safari

I think they are in the right order, either way opera mini is the only one

I think I've said all this before in the tread somewhere mind.
                          Maybe you can just screen shot n repost [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] now I can see the headlight ones!!!

Comment

• Hi folks,

Welcome to a little R & D from my 'Atelier' About time we had an update on the Quad Headlight Project, I've been extremely busy these last few weeks, trying my utmost to get some headlight sets out before Christmas, but some things are taking an eternity to sort out ................. particularly supplies

I was going to wait until I had reached the completed process for the completed part, but every day I seem to find something else that needs to be 'improved', which means spending a few more days making various jigs, and modifying machines for a particular task. Some things may not even seem to be relevant to the project, but I think that they need to be mentioned if you're a keen DIY'er.

So, anyway .......................

Last time I left you all with this ................. as my vacuum formed part is now slightly larger it didn't fit my cutting jig anymore, so I had to router out a 2mm 'rabbit' ( wood working term ), so I could get back to trimming the vacuum formed parts for the headlight assemblies >>

So I made a simple router table ...... with my Makita router mounted upside down underneath the table, and now armed with a myriad of router and milling bits I'm sure I could accomplish virtually any task. I'm beginning to wonder why I never made one of these before ! >>

At the moment ( just for the picture ) I've set it up with an 'up-cut' router bit. Also, for safety reasons I made a 'feather board', quite a lengthy process making one of those but it's great just making little things like that as you get a lot of practice with your bandsaw. It stops the 'kick-back' that you get sometimes from the wood as you push it through the spinning blade >>

A dust extraction system is vitally important on one of these, specially when working MDF, so I rigged up my shop-vac to the router table >>

OK, so how well does it work ? ................. It works beautifully ! One slight issue though >>

Modification done. 2mm taken off each board. Now I can re-assemble my trimming jig ( you'll see it in action later ) >>

Right now, back to that 'issue' ........................ The old adage of 'Buy cheap, buy twice' has never been more appropriate for tooling ! After a mere meter and a half of chipboard, my cheap router bit is already knackered ! In fact, I struggled to get the last board finished >>

Why am I even mentioning this ? .................. it's basically a cautionary note guys, my advice to you, don't buy cheap tools. Not only will you waste your money but the job in hand will be twice as hard. The 2 orange CMT router bits you see in the picture there ( on the right ) cost more than the entire red set ! But boy are they worth the difference >>

As I'm continually testing various processes for finishing off these headlight parts, I'm having to invest a lot of money purely for running tests.
                            Here I have 2 solid Tungsten Carbide up-cut router bits one with guide bearings .................. I had to sell my sister to some Arabs to get these, hope they're worth it ! You can easily spend upwards of £200 for a speciality bit, so I tend to buy a 'budget' bit for testing purposes and if they work OK then I buy the real MacCoy >>

Trimming jig now re-assembled ............... >>

And my trimming 'work-station' all prep'ed and ready to go. I found that by far the greatest accuracy for trimming these headlight brackets is from the inside of the part, with the part upside down. It basically guarantees the same height to all the parts once they are flipped over ready to be mounted into the OE headlight retainer. The headlight bracket is secured to the base of the trimming jig, and now that there's a 2mm recess around the jig ( box ) it doesn't move at all ................... very important when your tolerences are a mere millimetre ! >>

The other problem which has already been addressed, but now I think has been remedied, is the forth mounting point for the low beam headlight unit. Because of the actual design of the headlight part and how it has to fit inside the van' bulkhead, I can't move ( or redesign ) the mould as it would give me a negative draft angle, so I had to modify my existing plug ( or mould if you prefer ). The red arrow is indicating where the forth bolt should be, but there's not enough space ! >>

I had no option than to make a little space, just large enough to take a bolt. With my makeshift sanding wheel I managed to sand enough resin down to accommodate a bolt >>

The risk here is, you permanently destroy your existing moulds, or you end up with a modification that won't vacuum form ! This is definitely in the back of your mind as you're doing this, because at this stage your moulds ( or to give them their proper name 'plugs' ) have cost you in the region of £400 to make ! >>

...................... and it work flawlessly ! >>

Back shortly with some more guys ....................... we're not even half way through yet !

TURK

Comment

• Great work again Turk! I love reading your updates 👍 problem solving skills are top notch

Sent from my LG-H870 using Just T4s

Comment

• Thanks mate

I must admit, I do like a good challenge, gets the old grey matter working.

TURK

Comment

Working...
                                X