Injectors Help 2.5TDI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injectors Help 2.5TDI

Hi im getting a T4 in a couple days with a 1.9 engine in it. My friends dad is giving me a 2.5tdi to rebuild and put into the van however he said i need injectors as he has removed these already. Im looking to build the engine for 170+bhp and was told to get some p01 injectors? i cant find what these are and was told ones from a V70 should work for that power but not sure if there is a specific year volvo these need to come from.

Just need to know a part number or something for the injectors to buy before i end up with the wrong ones.

Originally posted by RobM99 View Post
    Hi im getting a T4 in a couple days with a 1.9 engine in it. My friends dad is giving me a 2.5tdi to rebuild and put into the van however he said i need injectors as he has removed these already. Im looking to build the engine for 170+bhp and was told to get some p01 injectors? i cant find what these are and was told ones from a V70 should work for that power but not sure if there is a specific year volvo these need to come from.

Just need to know a part number or something for the injectors to buy before i end up with the wrong ones.
    Any Volvo D5252T 2.5tdi injectors for an 850 or S/V70 will be fine and easily make that working in good working order.

Or, if you want to go for fresh ones then get any Bosch VE injectors from any engine and get some quality nozzles and get them fitted to the injectors and setup the break pressures accordingly.

Which 1.9 engine is in your T4 and what are you going with it when it’s removed?

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
    #vanlife

Comment

Originally posted by TommyP View Post

Any Volvo D5252T 2.5tdi injectors for an 850 or S/V70 will be fine and easily make that working in good working order.

Or, if you want to go for fresh ones then get any Bosch VE injectors from any engine and get some quality nozzles and get them fitted to the injectors and setup the break pressures accordingly.

Which 1.9 engine is in your T4 and what are you going with it when it’s removed?

I’ll find out code and get back to you but was going to scrap it if it doesn’t sell after a week on eBay, you’re welcome to come take it for free from Edinburgh once removed

Comment

Volvo injectors were supplied originally with two break pressures. If the injector body is stamped with 190bar they'll need resetting to 220-230bar so an additional delay and cost.

You'll also need to test the resistance on the injector with the needle lift sensor (the one with a wire connection). I don't recall the values for Bosch as I type but will look them up shortly.

If the injectors have been "upgraded" with a nozzle swap, they're more than likely cheapo Chinese copies in my experience and NOT Bosch, so poor spray patterns and leaks. So build in a fudge factor to get them tested, reset and potentially the requirement for new nozzles.
        FYI - Diesel Bob has just done a set for another forum user at £250.

Fire away if you need help.

Comment

I’ll find out code and get back to you but was going to scrap it if it doesn’t sell after a week on eBay, you’re welcome to come take it for free from Edinburgh once removed

Does it come with any cataloy ? Asking for a friend

Comment

The needle lift should be;
            Resistance
            @ 20°C 90 - 110 Ohms
            @ 80°C 120 - 135 Ohms

Comment

Is it a 1.9 turbo diesel?

#vanlife

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                Volvo injectors were supplied originally with two break pressures. If the injector body is stamped with 190bar they'll need resetting to 220-230bar so an additional delay and cost.

You'll also need to test the resistance on the injector with the needle lift sensor (the one with a wire connection). I don't recall the values for Bosch as I type but will look them up shortly.

If the injectors have been "upgraded" with a nozzle swap, they're more than likely cheapo Chinese copies in my experience and NOT Bosch, so poor spray patterns and leaks. So build in a fudge factor to get them tested, reset and potentially the requirement for new nozzles.
                FYI - Diesel Bob has just done a set for another forum user at £250.

Fire away if you need help.
                So can the resistance be tested via vagcom? Or just with a multi etc.
                I’m happy enough to piss about swapping the nozzles and refurbing some myself if needs be.
                The 2.5 engine I’m getting needs a full rebuild basically so I’m looking to do everything right.
                Van is essentially a rolling shell to me right now and I am going to swap engine/gearbox and respray the whole thing giving myself till the end of summer to complete it.

Comment

Originally posted by TommyP View Post

Is it a 1.9 turbo diesel?

Yeah 1.9td I’m only putting 2.5 in as I’m building the van for mobile car detailing and as a camper van so the extra power is pretty needed for when I’m fully loaded with half a ton of water added on when working

Comment

Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post

Does it come with any cataloy ? Asking for a friend
                    What do you mean cataloy? The 1.9td will be getting removed with gearbox attached to it still and all ancillaries attached I’m not 100% on spec of the engine as I’m getting the van tomorrow and won’t know until it’s pulled most likely

Comment

The needle lift sensor must be tested with a multi-meter. Its not a test function within vcds.

Comment

So can the resistance be tested via vagcom? Or just with a multi etc.
                        I’m happy enough to piss about swapping the nozzles and refurbing some myself if needs be.
                        The 2.5 engine I’m getting needs a full rebuild basically so I’m looking to do everything right.
                        Van is essentially a rolling shell to me right now and I am going to swap engine/gearbox and respray the whole thing giving myself till the end of summer to complete it.

Use a multimeter set to ohms to test the resistance of the needle lift injector .

Comment

Working...
                        X