Key Codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Key Codes

Mol had a key cut for her bus. 12.99 works the locks and the ignition as her only key was very worn, It has a chip in it and as suspected wont start the van. How do you code it to the van? The key place in Skiddyminster wanted 70 quid for a key which they claim would work, would they have been able to copy the chip, if thats the word or are they talking bollocks and need the vehicle to plug into the obd? I didnt want to end up with two keys with "wiped" chips.Its long since been by passed on the doka and the diesel version of S49, i could emulate Mols bus but why remove something that works. The weak link on the other two T4s was the pump stop valve so not an issue with the petrols eletrickory.

Si.. My key. Stopped working over a year ago. I have a new key that open the doors and works in ignition. But it won't start it. Been waiting for the man that cut the key to come and program it. He is super busy a t m. I have a spare that starts it. Just wanted the buttons on key to work. I have to unlock with key and alarm not working now. Until key is done

Comment

Various bits of info on the Ross Tech site Si.

https://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/ca...-matching.html

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...V_Key_Matching

IIRC, the SKC pins (4 digit version) are buried in the clusters code.

Comment

Been a while since I did it, but it was simple enough with some online guides.
        I had the remains of one key with good chipped that was tapped to the ignition housing when I got the van and a dumb key that opened doors and turned ignition switch.

I bought a couple of key blanks online and got them cut for about a tenner, I bought 3 chips from ebay for about a fiver.

Plug in laptop, show the van the good chip to prove you are legit and then it'll write to the chips one at a time.

Open keys, araldite the chips in, bish bash bosh jobs a goodun.

Comment

Working...
        X