Egr vavle blanking plate loaction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egr vavle blanking plate loaction

I have two blacking plates to block off egr vavle does these plates go inbetween the metal pipe i have removed in picture
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Yep, inbetween the flanges. Sorted.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
    #vanlife

Comment

Thanks tommy would i need to remove the gasgets or would it be ok to just fit with them in place ?

Comment

Fit gaskets , or exhaust paste / sealer as it's exhaust fumes.

Comment

Having seen quite a few of the thinner blanking plates burn through I'd probably fit one or both plates at the cold end of the pipe on the intake manifold, also the fasteners on the exhaust end are often badly corroded and can snap off when you try to undo them, leading to a whole heap of misery...

Comment

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
            Having seen quite a few of the thinner blanking plates burn through I'd probably fit one or both plates at the cold end of the pipe on the intake manifold, also the fasteners on the exhaust end are often badly corroded and can snap off when you try to undo them, leading to a whole heap of misery...
            What thickness is recommended?
            Also a good site to fit an EGT sensor if that's your hearts desire and/or need.

Comment

Are owners buying or making EGR plates?

Comment

The ones I fitted were 3or4 mm thick. You wouldn't want it any thinner. Easy enough to make.

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                  What thickness is recommended?
                  Also a good site to fit an EGT sensor if that's your hearts desire and/or need.
                  3 -4 mm as suggested.
                  Not a good place for EGT, which needs to be in the flow straight off the turbo, too remote a location produces a slow response and a unknown reduction in signal depending on flow characteristics which is minimal around the EGR take off especially as it would be blanked.

Comment

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post

3 -4 mm as suggested.
                    Not a good place for EGT, which needs to be in the flow straight off the turbo, too remote a location produces a slow response and a unknown reduction in signal depending on flow characteristics which is minimal around the EGR take off especially as it would be blanked.
                    Yep, but it depends on where the EGR port is located for the Chinesium sensor and gauge.

Comment

I have experience of this. Initially in the 2.4td I fitted the sensor in the exhaust mani egr blank. When I moved it to directly in the flow of the exhaust gases just before they entered the turbo the same state of tune saw a temp difference of 250 degrees at full chat.

Drill and tap into the manifold before the turbo FTW.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                      #vanlife

Comment

Why do you want an EGT?

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
                          Why do you want an EGT?
                          So that several seconds after your piston top melts you have a gauge to tell you that your piston top is about to melt.

You don't want one, unless you are data logging with it or watching it like a hawk, by the time you see there's a problem it's probably too late.

Very cool gauge to have, and just like a boost gauge, oil pressure gauge or voltmeter - pretty much just as pointless.

Comment

I dont have any of those, so i wont get one.

Comment

Guys. I don't need to be watching extra gauges. Had a boost gauge in the old 2.4 td. Only so I knew it was working ok

Comment

Working...
                              X