Can't lower the bus so what wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
    What are the penalties for modifying your van outside of its specifications? What's specified in the van docs currently with regard to suspension, wheels & tyres? Surely that's your starting point. Then begin interpreting it into something custom.

Sent by ORANGE is the NEW BLACK
    The penalty is confiscation of the vehicle.

Yep, it is that strict!

My plan is to have a bit of a paint job later in the year. Luckily on my documents it states Colour - Red and others so I will be able to change the colour at least without having to put my hand in my pocket and pay the government!

As far as suspension goes, there is nothing specified on the docs. However, there is obviously a standard suspension set up. Anything outside of that will require inspecting, registering and paying for.

Wheels are on the docs, or at least the tyre size is. So anything outside of that that will also result in fines unless changed.

Anything else, if not registered will result in a pretty hefty fine and possible confiscation.

Comment

I couldn't put up with that government money making scheme!! It's bollox, ripping normal people off!!! Disgusting!! I'd personally buy a donkey and let it shit on the roads , let the government pay someone to pick my donkey shit off the road instead of raping people of their hard earns cash!!!!
      That sort of stuff really annoys me!!! [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

What year is your van?
        Jebem ti nanu u trulu sisu

Comment

Bet if you got a skateboard or roller boots they'd be asking what wheels your bloody running on and work out a tax for that or any penalties.
          Next you'll be getting taxed depending on your foot size for walking down the foot path!!!
          Buy a [emoji206]

Comment

Originally posted by Roccodog View Post
            I couldn't put up with that government money making scheme!! It's bollox, ripping normal people off!!! Disgusting!! I'd personally buy a donkey and let it shit on the roads , let the government pay someone to pick my donkey shit off the road instead of raping people of their hard earns cash!!!!
            That sort of stuff really annoys me!!! [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

Whooo.... No donkey shit goes to waste in these parts I can assure you! I'm surprised the government don't tax people for picking the stuff up for their gardens!! ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Sausages View Post
              What year is your van?
              1997 lhd if that makes any a difference?

Comment

Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
                You can import commercials as long as they are left hand drive.
                Young ladies donkeys????? Tell us more.

As for modifying....the penalties would be no itv for a start. Huge fines from the Guadia civil if they catch you with something wrong.
                If you really, really want something modified than the best route is to change everything all at once then submit the car for homologation. This way you only pay (and suffer the paperwork ) once. Still expensive.
                I can assure you no donkeys were involved in the encounter

Yeah, the GNR here CAN be pretty hot on anything that doesn't quite come up to spec. Hardly a human bone in most of them! Get caught for one thing they WILL find something else!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Sausages View Post
                  Where does your son live? I know a Portuguese guy that works on the next road down on our industrial estate, long shot but it's a small world
                  Nah, he's a Brit, like me, lives near Exeter.

Comment

Originally posted by T4-Portugal View Post
                    The penalty is confiscation of the vehicle.

Yep, it is that strict!

My plan is to have a bit of a paint job later in the year. Luckily on my documents it states Colour - Red and others so I will be able to change the colour at least without having to put my hand in my pocket and pay the government!

As far as suspension goes, there is nothing specified on the docs. However, there is obviously a standard suspension set up. Anything outside of that will require inspecting, registering and paying for.

Wheels are on the docs, or at least the tyre size is. So anything outside of that that will also result in fines unless changed.

Anything else, if not registered will result in a pretty hefty fine and possible confiscation.
                    Lower it 50mm with just a set of rear (erherm) old weak springs and the torsion bars on the front. What's the tyre size? Band a set of standard steels using the regulated tyre size. Cool and standard![emoji6]

Comment

I can assure you no donkeys were involved in the encounter
                      Disappointing. What did happen?
                      Me cago en la madre que te pariĆ³!

Comment

Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
                        Disappointing. What did happen?
                        They were learning to fly enroute to Spain!

Comment

Originally posted by Roccodog View Post
                          Bet if you got a skateboard or roller boots they'd be asking what wheels your bloody running on and work out a tax for that or any penalties.
                          Next you'll be getting taxed depending on your foot size for walking down the foot path!!!
                          Buy a [emoji206]

All right Rocco slowly climb off the highhorse and get back onto the soap box!!
                          [emoji12]
                          I do think that the rules imposed in some country's are revenue generating nonsense. (There are some great ones Aparently coming to the UK!!)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

1997 lhd if that makes any a difference?
                            Yes, yours is a later van and is easier to get lower without any mods

Comment

I presume you are on 195/70r15 tyres? Grind a bit off the original top mount and repaint, short dampers and slightly shorter rear springs and you'll close up the arch gap, and nothing to see underneath

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                                They were learning to fly enroute to Spain!

Donkeys need to learn to fly here, when they get thrown off belltowers.
                                Me cago en la madre que te pariĆ³!

Comment

Working...
                                X