No announcement yet.

Old Hat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The spanner's left there to remind me to check everything was nipped up. Its a horrible feeling when you awake and sit bolt upright at 3 in the morning thinking "did I tighten that bit up?"

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
      The spanner's left there to remind me to check everything was nipped up. Its a horrible feeling when you awake and sit bolt upright at 3 in the morning thinking "did I tighten that bit up?"
      I've done that many times [emoji3]

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Comment

The spanner's left there to remind me to check everything was nipped up. Its a horrible feeling when you awake and sit bolt upright at 3 in the morning thinking "did I tighten that bit up?"
        I just cure the knocks as they come up. Would anyone like me to do their brakes?

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
        #vanlife

Comment

• I keep threatening to do my 313mm upgrade with my TT calipers but it gets pushed down the list...

Sent from my iPad using Just T4s

Comment

• They do feel sharper, but its new disc's and pads.

Comment

• Discovered today the thread for the bottom alternator bolt just goes round and round. Could drill out and retape but don't want to enlarge the hole on the alternator too much so have a cunning plan. If it works i'll do a little "how not to" on here.

Comment

Discovered today the thread for the bottom alternator bolt just goes round and round. Could drill out and retape but don't want to enlarge the hole on the alternator too much so have a cunning plan. If it works i'll do a little "how not to" on here.
                Oo just read this are u talking about the bottom bolt on the alternator that u use to adjust belt tension because my belt started squealing and today whilst pissing about found the bottom bolt has snapped off leaving the threaded part still in its whole [emoji34]

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk

Comment

Discovered today the thread for the bottom alternator bolt just goes round and round. Could drill out and retape but don't want to enlarge the hole on the alternator too much so have a cunning plan. If it works i'll do a little "how not to" on here.
                  Helicoil it ?

Comment

• Originally posted by damont4 View Post
                    Oo just read this are u talking about the bottom bolt on the alternator that u use to adjust belt tension because my belt started squealing and today whilst pissing about found the bottom bolt has snapped off leaving the threaded part still in its whole [emoji34]

That's the one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
                      Helicoil it ?
                      And theres always that..........

Comment

And theres always that..........

I’ve got helicoils here , so if your stuck send me the part and I’ll sort it out for you , incase Reg stumbles across this post , time serts are better than helicoils

Comment

• Must of over thought this one. Just needed a longer bolt,flange nut and washer and bin the spring and plunger. The two old belts went under the seat as get you homes. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1592.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	266844Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1604.jpg
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	266845Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1605.jpg
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	266846Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1611.jpg
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	266847Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1615.jpg
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	266848

Comment

• Nice one [emoji106]

Comment

• Ohhh Snap on spanner and a Britool , no Aldi tools insight

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
                                Ohhh Snap on spanner and a Britool , no Aldi tools insight
                                That's because I was working on it at work.

Comment

Working...
                                X