Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post

That's a decent result!
    Can you spin the Allard 90deg Anti-Clockwise , then you might just have the shortest turbo to inlet pipework possible?

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
      Can you spin the Allard 90deg Anti-Clockwise , then you might just have the shortest turbo to inlet pipework possible?
      It might just work, bit long probably - but the map sensor fits in the original hard plastic pipework

Comment

It might just work, bit long probably - but the map sensor fits in the original hard plastic pipework
        You're only using the plastic pipe for the MAP & housing so you could just cut it down to fit between to silicon / hose joiners.

Comment

You're only using the plastic pipe for the MAP & housing so you could just cut it down to fit between to silicon / hose joiners.
          I could it'll be way too long then - besides, I'll need the hard pipe intact when I reinstate the intercooler.

Comment

I could it'll be way too long then - besides, I'll need the hard pipe intact when I reinstate the intercooler.
            I could send you another AJT MAP housing pipe if you want to give it a go?

Or

I found this and you could make something up to suit?
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Golf-A...wAAOSwaNBUgGrE
            Last edited by Activ8; 22 December 2017, 02:37 AM.

Comment

• Don't suppose somewhere that supplies the 5 pot exhaust manifold flange that isn't the place that turns out faulty or poorly made bits - FFS a flywheel with no TDC mark, I mean why? why would it even be an option on a flywheel that you have to request a TDC mark?

Comment

Don't suppose somewhere that supplies the 5 pot exhaust manifold flange that isn't the place that turns out faulty or poorly made bits - FFS a flywheel with no TDC mark, I mean why? why would it even be an option on a flywheel that you have to request a TDC mark?
                I looked about 18months ago and found and spoke to these guys.
                http://www.coneeng.com/collectors.html
                http://www.coneeng.com/pdf/5-1%20Col...ents%20PDF.pdf

Comment

• All plumbed back up and sounding fit.

Still up on blocks because I've got finishing touches to make on the downpipe, waiting for something to turn up.

Making about 10 psi of boost, ther's no load though and still on the old Activ Map ver 2.0

Comment

All plumbed back up and sounding fit.

Still up on blocks because I've got finishing touches to make on the downpipe, waiting for something to turn up.

Making about 10 psi of boost, ther's no load though and still on the old Activ Map ver 2.0
                    Whats happened to the compressors oil burning / loss?
                    What are you waiting for? Silencer?

Comment

Whats happened to the compressors oil burning / loss?
                      What are you waiting for? Silencer?
                      Nope - waiting for a special treat for the T4 forum tarts.

The oil is probably still pouring out of the turbo, but with the pipework fitted I cant see it, so it's fine.

Comment

Nope - waiting for a special treat for the T4 forum tarts.

The oil is probably still pouring out of the turbo, but with the pipework fitted I cant see it, so it's fine.
                        Had a look at that K24 turbo near you.
                        Could be a good upgrade for the Volvo manifold. Have you looked at the housing design?
                        The actuators vertical. Its not "race car" spec, but as a standard unit its got some legs for the 2.5 T4.
                        Compressor map looks impressive for 250bhp @ 4200rpm @ 2.2bar.
                        Have you been in contact with the Seller? or Interested?

Comment

• Interested - but skint.

Seller might also be skint, might be worth a silly offer.

Or would have been if the listing hadn't just ended early.

Chinesium turbo and custom manifold it is then.

Lets just see how this one goes first - I think the clutch might give way first.

Tempted to buy a spare motor and build up a new motor with custom manifolds and the six speed box I've been planning - rotated on a adaptor plate.
                          Last edited by regcheeseman; 23 December 2017, 01:50 AM.

Comment

Interested - but skint.

Seller might also be skint, might be worth a silly offer.

Or would have been if the listing hadn't just ended early.

Chinesium turbo and custom manifold it is then.

Lets just see how this one goes first - I think the clutch might give way first.

Tempted to buy a spare motor and build up a new motor with custom manifolds and the six speed box I've been planning - rotated on a adaptor plate.
                            Got room for this?
                            https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-GENUI...kAAOSwsB9WBO3H

Comment

• Yeah. In the boot[emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by Hans View Post
                                Yeah. In the boot[emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s
                                Knowing Reg's mentality he'd want it riding upfront with him , possibly replacing the passenger seat with bespoke perspex cover.... !

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

Working...
                                X