• You say tomato I say tomato! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
      Slowly slowly catchy monkey!

Comment

• Happy birthday reg!! [emoji320]

Comment

• Finished the duplex rear system.

Might need to trim the tailpipes or just use it as a wheelbarrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
            Finished the duplex rear system.

At least they'll keep your hands warm in the winter Reg

Sent from my vernee_M5 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
              Finished the duplex rear system.

You clever bugger. Envious!

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• Nice. Trim back and some nice carbon fibre tips!

Slowly slowly catchy monkey!

Comment

• Nice reg looks good !

Comment

• It's a bozo car

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s
                    Last edited by Greeny gtc; 28 August 2018, 08:36 AM.

Comment

• Engineered to cut for perfect protrusion with the tips chosen, I'd say.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
                        It's a bozo car

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s
                        [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Sell my T4 !!! I'd rather stick wasps up my butt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                          Engineered to cut for perfect protrusion with the tips chosen, I'd say.

Yep.

The centre collector piece is not exactly dead centre - it's offset 3/4" as per standard T4 pipe run. so the diagonal sections are not the same length and the two exit pipes don't start at equal places on the pipework either.

It was much easier to make it up over length, fit and then trim to suit.

The chosen black chrome slash tips are on one of the pipes.

Three bracket hooks to add, cut the pipes and weld the tips in place

Comment

• Looking good Reg , I know you said your going to shorten the tail pipes and you’ll need too for the Mot , they’re not aloud too protrude past the body work .

Comment

• You are a clever bugger reg.
                              Remember following your old MK2 good rebuild on the North Devon be forum, very nice and didn't expect anything less of your van

Comment

• Originally posted by UncleTravellingMatt View Post
                                You are a clever bugger reg.
                                Remember following your old MK2 good rebuild on the North Devon be forum, very nice and didn't expect anything less of your van
                                Cheers dude - one of the best cars I ever built, would love another.

After loosing all my garage time to a lad who wanted dad to play football with him last night, I managed to grab a bonus 90 minutes before the missu got home tonight.

I got about as far as jacking the van up when the neighbour came over complaining that his wife's car wouldn't start.........

Eventually (after cooking TEA) I got out to the garage and immediately spotted my gas was nearly run out and despite the gauge hitting zero the gas continued to flow and I managed to get the welding all done.

View from the underside

More by luck than judgement I got that pipe run to clear the wishbones and the spare wheel - didn't measure anything apart from the width of the cut outs on the bumper and the off-set of the centre pipe as previously mentioned.

As an added bonus - look how running half an exhaust for a couple of days (about 12 miles) has nicely coated the front edge of my spare tyre in a nice rust protective soot layer.

And from behind when lowered off the jack

I've been running with no rear pipe section for a couple of days. The old tailpipe had an additional silencer so the van was as quiet as standard.

With the tailpipe removed it's a fair bit louder and while fun at first it soon became tiresome. My worry was that the new duplex system also has no silencers and might be a bit annoying as well.

However it's not - it's quiet, not quite standard quiet but pretty good until you stamp on the loud pedal when it barks. Not sure if it's because of the length or the fact that the 2.5" pipe has been replaced by 2 x 2" pipes and the drone is gone - but it does sound good.

Happy days!

(note - that is NOT my oil stain on the drive - bastard ABLs!)
                                Last edited by regcheeseman; 29 August 2018, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X