My second T4, operation de-chav

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
    Sure the super duper dual camera is not a patch on my old Samsung S3.
    I keep looking at my Samsung S5-Plus, thinking I should upgrade but the camera is fantastic, I can change the battery, charge and carry a spare plus upgrade/swap the storage so nothing comes close!

Been thinking (read lusting) over doing something similar on the rear bumper mod that you're installing.
    If you had to start from scratch would you go about it the same way or make any donor / design / mod changes to the current bumper?
    Would the diffuser of been better wider , looks , fitting? Or cut-in more to the T4 unit?
    Got a couple of watches on diffusers but would love to hear your wise words before I pull the trigger and start!

Comment

• Looks good Reg. Quite like those bumpers they’re doing on the T5s at PP-Tuning, the AMG ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
      Slowly slowly catchy monkey!

Comment

• I dont like it.

May work better with something squarer, or less protruding.

I think it's the top rounded edge, but it does match the roof line??

Maybe the bumper it sits on need to be deeper? Some of those naff-on-their own spoiler things might fill the gap.

I would have sited it lower on the bumper, as was my plan but it moved in the gluing stage and I couldn't be arsed to correct it.

As it stands I may just get rid - especially if I cannot get anything on the towball - it sits quite tight.

You anywhere near Santa Pod (or on route) for the end of August (VWAction) - we could do a bumper swap? Yes Arfur.... I want to meet Activ in a layby somewhere and share rear ends.

Though I did use my TIG for the first time ever last night (bought last October) - and after a few false starts I managed to start the welding up of the duplex rear system.

Meanwhile - the van started to run a lot better yesterday - far more keen to rev. The last time it did that was when the timing was a bit too retarded, still smokes when booting down so I need to get the air in.

Comment

I dont like it.
          With the twin exits the looks will change again.
          I've been looking at the pics a lot.
          I think returning the bumper to black, with the diffuser in some combination of the bodywork colour and silver/chrome to pull and balance the lights clear lenses and the polished(?) exhausts?
          Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
          or less protruding.
          So a flush look and in-line with the bumper.
          Maybe the bumper it sits on need to be deeper? Some of those naff-on-their own spoiler things might fill the gap.
          I've played with filling the lower bumper plastic with dense triangular packing foam, to create a practical deeper look and then using those diffuser fins to break up/style the shape.
          You anywhere near Santa Pod (or on route) for the end of August (VWAction) - we could do a bumper swap? Yes Arfur.... I want to meet Activ in a layby somewhere and share rear ends.
          Yep, Could do .... are you camping or just up for the day?
          Though I did use my TIG for the first time ever last night (bought last October) - and after a few false starts I managed to start the welding up of the duplex rear system.
          I'd hold off on giving your work away and get that system installed before making a decision if only to tweak version 2, change the colour scheme and it'll pull together IMHO.
          Meanwhile - the van started to run a lot better yesterday - far more keen to rev. The last time it did that was when the timing was a bit too retarded, still smokes when booting down so I need to get the air in.
          Whats the timing at? I must admit I've been setting mine at 0.50 since last year and still been able to remove 25% (Summer) and 15% (Winter) off of the SOI maps.
          I'm still running the Apollo through the wing vent still, it sucks like a Costa Rican border hooker.... moved the fuel to 70mg/s , using the cold air feed into the engine bay while I play with some IC & cold feed ideas. Try a turbo blanket, my engine bay runs 40+ min. degC lower, so worth the £25 and the larger "interwarmer" is working a treat.

How you getting on with the AJT mapping?

Comment

Yes Arfur.... I want to meet Activ in a layby somewhere and share rear ends.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	35947e344f9bb0312914ca6144f3a447--coronation-street-blog-kenneth-williams.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	265327

Dirty boys.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	ooh-matron-gif-2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	265328
            Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
              With the twin exits the looks will change again.

errr yeah maybe...

I've been looking at the pics a lot.
              I think returning the bumper to black, with the diffuser in some combination of the bodywork colour and silver/chrome to pull and balance the lights clear lenses and the polished(?) exhausts?

euurggh chrome!

tried with a black bumper - no good

and the surround picked out in silver grey as per volvo just made it stick out even more

So a flush look and in-line with the bumper.

I've played with filling the lower bumper plastic with dense triangular packing foam, to create a practical deeper look and then using those diffuser fins to break up/style the shape.

Yep, Could do .... are you camping or just up for the day?

It's typically an 8hr drive up. I'll be camping.

I'd hold off on giving your work away and get that system installed before making a decision if only to tweak version 2, change the colour scheme and it'll pull together IMHO.

you just want me to finish the exhaust as well so you have a complete set up!

Whats the timing at? I must admit I've been setting mine at 0.50 since last year and still been able to remove 25% (Summer) and 15% (Winter) off of the SOI maps.
              I'm still running the Apollo through the wing vent still, it sucks like a Costa Rican border hooker.... moved the fuel to 70mg/s , using the cold air feed into the engine bay while I play with some IC & cold feed ideas. Try a turbo blanket, my engine bay runs 40+ min. degC lower, so worth the £25 and the larger "interwarmer" is working a treat.

No idea on timing, need to get the filter attached as well

How you getting on with the AJT mapping?

I'm not, that brief flurry of getting winols running again, then other things took priority.... cooking, ironing, cleaning, washing, an extension to finish, a 25msq summerhouse to build, a large shed roof to replace, a loft conversion, a bathroom.......oh and now 'the kitchen is looking a bit tired' (which to be fair is true, I spend enough fucking time looking at it) FML

Snow white and the seven dwarfs, Tweedledum, Tweedledee and Rumpelstiltskin

Comment

Snow white and the seven dwarfs, Tweedledum, Tweedledee and Rumpelstiltskin
                Will be along shortly....
                Well even with a small Army of Nursery Rhyme characters there's 3 - 5 years of "snatched" time there, but they do mess about a lot.
                You need a holiday!

Comment

• Snow white and the seven dwarfs, Tweedledum, Tweedledee and Rumpelstiltskin
                  Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                  Will be along shortly....
                  Well even with a small Army of Nursery Rhyme characters there's 3 - 5 years of "snatched" time there, but they do mess about a lot.
                  You need a holiday!
                  When I tried to submit the original post the error message said "message too short, must contain at least 10 characters" - I managed to include 11.

Comment

When I tried to submit the original post the error message said "message too short, must contain at least 10 characters" - I managed to include 11.
                    [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] yep I got it.... after 10 minutes and a brew!

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• I reckon re paint the satin black in the “nato green” like the rest of the van and it’ll show the detail of the bumper and change the whole look of the rear.

Comment

• Originally posted by tommo1366 View Post
                        I reckon re paint the satin black in the “nato green” like the rest of the van and it’ll show the detail of the bumper and change the whole look of the rear.

Oh.... thats cutting Tommo... NATO Green - but it's grey Tommo - GREY !! Reg said so !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                          Oh.... thats cutting Tommo... NATO Green - but it's grey Tommo - GREY !! Reg said so !!!

[emoji51]

Comment

• Where the fudge is Reg?

Extra marks for not swearing in his build thread?
                            Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• Just to give you something to take your mind off the state of the kitchen whilst ironing, cooking & cleaning, or the new bathroom, or the unfinished attic conversion or the 25msq Summer house I found these pics for you tonight...

Comment

• Yep, plenum chamber. Eggsackerly what I was thinking, nice as they are, those headers are missing something..... room for a turbo

Comment

Working...
                                X