My second T4, operation de-chav

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
    Can you not locate another panel to experiment with?
    Think I want another bonnet too!]
    I'm not going to touch my bonnet, it'll end up far too barry boys for my liking, contender for the fugly thread.

Comment

Cheers Arf - that might help to understand any pipework differences, runs and locations.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s
      Will do it Saturday morning when im with the van. ..if that's ok?
      Me cago en la madre que te pariĆ³!

Comment

• Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
        Will do it Saturday morning when im with the van. ..if that's ok?
        Cheers Arf

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
          I asked this chap once to explain his calculations in the hope that it may give a little insight into working these things out but he let me down.
          .... let you down eh, a pm at 1AM wanting physics lessons ....

If you can reduce your intake air temp, improve the IC to 60% to reduce the IC temp output , with the existing map in Barnstaple (11m ASL) you can make 187bhp at 4500rpm (200bhp if I change the AFR) with the existing map, injectors and turbo at 19psi, , thats 30+bhp waiting for you to collect, .... YOU WANT MORE?

Comment

I'm not going to touch my bonnet, it'll end up far too barry boys for my liking, contender for the fugly thread.
            What did you do with the panels from your newly collected white AJT ? (1st page of the build thread)

Comment

What did you do with the panels from your newly collected white AJT ? (1st page of the build thread)
              Sold them!

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
              .... let you down eh, a pm at 1AM wanting physics lessons ....

If you can reduce your intake air temp, improve the IC to 60% to reduce the IC temp output , with the existing map in Barnstaple (11m ASL) you can make 187bhp at 4500rpm (200bhp if I change the AFR) with the existing map, injectors and turbo at 19psi, , thats 30+bhp waiting for you to collect, .... YOU WANT MORE?

Physics lessons I don't need - although I'm an engineer not a physicist so we tend to exist in the real world, not some hypothetical dreamland.

But is you do have a page of scribbles and a calcs with a few notes you could scribble to explain what figures came from where that you could photo/scan and email when you get chance it would be much appreciated.

35% is a low figure to rest solely on an IC, and a 60% improvement is a big ask of any single element in a system.

Worth setting a up a charge temp monitor?

Not sure what a IC bypass will offer - surely the flow gains will contest the resultant temp rise and the cumulative % increase will be fairly small if any?

Definitely need to get some intake flow improvement and get a couple of log runs.

Comment

Sold them!
                WTF - really ... !
                Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                OK - daft question. Durrr
                35% is a low figure to rest solely on an IC, and a 60% improvement is a big ask of any single element in a system.
                Agreed - pointing the reductions at a single element is making a broad assumption. So I did 2 runs in my van this afternoon looking at the temps using vcds.
                Ambient - 15degC at start
                Inlet Temp from the MAF - 15degC
                After 3 miles drive in traffic rose to 26degC
                After 6 miles hard run to 4k rose to 38.7 degC.

Your 3 static runs on Sat I reckon could of doubled that. I'll plug the numbers in tomorrow but I suspect the IC shares the fault with the air intake temp.

Improvement required 35% to 60% (25%improvement) having looked at a few manufacturers , figures of 70-72% are attainable.

Worth setting up a charge temp monitor?
                Yes. The data is there in the ECU but there's no easy way to pull it out. I can see it but not access it via the K-Line. Email to Ross Tech may help. Could have a look at the labelling in VCDS and change one the HEX addresses.
                Not sure what a IC bypass will offer - surely the flow gains will contest the resultant temp rise and the cumulative % increase will be fairly small if any?
                I removed the 'IC' from my calcs and bhp will drop to 140 bhp. So, agreed no point.
                Definitely need to get some intake flow improvement and get a couple of log runs.
                Interestingly a quick blast in the van dropped the water temp from 80 to 64degC indicating that rad cooling was working very well. Might be worth fitting the AHY/AXG IC around the rad?

Comment

WTF - really ... !
                  Yep they went to cornwall where 'that' look is all the rage, they all have those LED audi headlights as well, it's like a timewarp down there, bloody backwards scone spreading retards.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20180505_133539_resized.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	263836

lhd airbox

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180505_133520_resized.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	263837

Comment

• They are not easy to photo but thinking on, this van isn't going anywhere so when/if you need measurements or anything like that just let me know.

Comment

But is you do have a page of scribbles and a calcs with a few notes you could scribble to explain what figures came from where that you could photo/scan and email when you get chance it would be much appreciated.
                        Will do this week. Whats your bhp target (email me if its private) and Ill show the revised numbers and a few turbo suggestions.

Comment

• So, the wheels were the first sign, then there was washing and polishing.......but I think I've gone full blown homo now.

Check out my fabulous lights darlings!

Ciao!

Yes - the cat is still alive.- coming up 22 this year.
                          Last edited by regcheeseman; 10 May 2018, 09:45 PM.

Comment

• Reg your so scene!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

So, the wheels were the first sign, then there was washing and polishing.......but I think I've gone full blown homo now.

Check out my fabulous lights darlings!

Ciao!

Yes - the cat is still alive.- coming up 22 this year.
                              Look good, same on mine which were on when I bought but like them so never changed

Sent from my iPad using Just T4s

Comment

• I love it.... really really nice Reg, it looks so "balanced" even the rear wash wipes are perfectly lined up.... not a hint of orange!
                                (well apart from that little exhaust pipe thingy)

Comment

Working...
                                X