Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
    Cheers raas clart!

I'd be lying if I said I don't want an orange grille a la GT3RS.

Intercooler pipes,

yes I have got shares in silicone pipes and mikalor clamps.

Bought one of these

Plenty of good reviews and one that said it doesn't fit.

Should have listened to the one reviewer as it doesn't really fit, complete fuding pig of a job - took countless attempts to get the lid on properly without displacing the filter, broke the retaining clips twice. Crap product dont buy.

So I'm up and running again, just waiting for some hippy to sort out my suspenders
    Personally I think suspenders are done, tights all the way!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
      Personally I think suspenders are done, tights all the way!!

Daisy Dukes beat anything else. Tell me I'm wrong.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2563094405_small_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	263275
      Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8273[/ATTACH]
        Yea I won't be saying your wrong, you have to love a pair of dukes!!

Comment

• Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8273[/ATTACH]
          .....nice split.... [emoji39]

Sent from my vernee_M5 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Had to re-time the engine again today.

I had the pump locked up and think I set it back exactly how it was before I disturbed the cam pulley.

Now it'll start but is obviously retarded.

With vagcom running, measuring block 0, drop into basic mode which removes the ECUs input to correcting the timing and the engine dies.

Obviously the timing is well out, so I get out the DTI and set it up at 0.6 - should be .55 but I think a bit of advance might help.

Now with vagcom running again I switch to basic settings, the engine stutters and carries on running. The timing graph shows that even despite the static advance I've added it is still retarded. I lock the pump up again, release the cam pulley and ease the flywheel back about 5mm from the mark.
            It is now in the right position on the timing graph, bouncing between correct mid timing mark and the top limit - too much jumping about for my liking but it is at least in the right ballpark.

All well and good - but this leaves a nagging doubt. Why is the correct timing so far out?

Could be the wrong mark on the flywheel - I don't think so

Could be a soft injector - but that would throw it the other way??

Pump problem?

Crank sensor?

Anyway, Sausages turned up earlier to ruin my van in the quest for epic lows. Can't take the dubber out of the boy. More to follow.....

Comment

Anyway, Sausages turned up earlier to ruin my van in the quest for epic lows. Can't take the dubber out of the boy. More to follow.....
              Express delivery!
              Attached Files
              Jebem ti nanu u trulu sisu

Comment

• Nicely decorated !!! [emoji106]

Sell my T4 !!! I'd rather stick wasps up my butt.

Comment

All well and good - but this leaves a nagging doubt. Why is the correct timing so far out?

Could be the wrong mark on the flywheel - I don't think so.
                  You sure? It was by all accounts a "one off" ... did you check it against the DMF you took off?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                    You sure? It was by all accounts a "one off" ... did you check it against the DMF you took off?

Nope not sure and didn't check, aside from a quick visual.

But, the old setup was done with the DTI and set at 55. The more recent check with vag com found it was retarded. Cant say for definite if my original setup was checked with vag com when I first did the belts.....think it might have been but maybe not? If not perhaps the TDC marks are right on both flywheels, something else is amiss?

I do know it still isn't starting properly, never has done. Perhaps those 240s need to go in. Guess the map should be close and the hammer mod may be required - I'd rather re-calibrate my IQ adjuster if that's an option.

BTW, did you leave a couple of voicemails on my phone? I've a couple I listened to earlier but they break up really badly and I only get half a word here and there, did definitely hear 'derby' and maybe 'gearbox'

Comment

• Describe the starting problem...but you think its fuel? but the 240's are not going to help, you don't need the hammer-mod... try logging the start up, might need to setup a bespoke log...

Any codes showing...Has your flashing dashlight stopped?

Nope no calls from me Reg did your phone not date and time the messages? Could of been the delivery driver with the gearbox?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Sausages View Post
                        Express delivery!
                        Sometimes I worry about you two.
                        Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

Cheers raas clart!

I'd be lying if I said I don't want an orange grille a la GT3RS.

Intercooler pipes,

yes I have got shares in silicone pipes and mikalor clamps.

Bought one of these

Plenty of good reviews and one that said it doesn't fit.

Should have listened to the one reviewer as it doesn't really fit, complete fuding pig of a job - took countless attempts to get the lid on properly without displacing the filter, broke the retaining clips twice. Crap product dont buy.

So I'm up and running again, just waiting for some hippy to sort out my suspenders
                          That’s a shitter. Had decided on a pipercross over a green cotton. Maybe best left alone then.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                          Slowly slowly catchy monkey!

Comment

Describe the starting problem...but you think its fuel? but the 240's are not going to help, you don't need the hammer-mod... try logging the start up, might need to setup a bespoke log...

A proper set up diesel engine should fire literally the instant the key is turned, mine has always taken a second or so, and always chuffed a bit of white smoke.

All symptoms of poor atomistaion/low internal pump pressure (typically air in fuel) - no sign of air so I'm looking at injectors - that's why the 240's (or any balanced, clean spraying injectors) might help.

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                            Any codes showing...Has your flashing dashlight stopped?
                            The only new code I saw yesterday was when I swapped ECU, got start/die, start/die issue that reported as crank sensor

Putting my ECU back in and the crank sensor problem remained - wiggle the wires and away it goes??? engine running, wiggle wires again and it's rock solid, no problems at all

All I'm left with is a suspect lithuanian ECU, a suspect crank sensor/wire/plug and the old EEPROM coding faults and a flashing glow plug light.

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                            Nope no calls from me Reg did your phone not date and time the messages? Could of been the delivery driver with the gearbox?
                            could have been. ah well. n'eermind.

Comment

A proper set up diesel engine should fire literally the instant the key is turned, mine has always taken a second or so, and always chuffed a bit of white smoke.
                              I'll send you the latest map thats running in Colin01332's van, but I'll take a look at the map you're running.
                              The new map tightens 4th gear acceleration and now feels like 3rd, but the SOI fueling maps were backed off 25%! across the temp range.
                              (I'm currently experimenting with emissions test running when cold)
                              Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                              All symptoms of poor atomistaion/low internal pump pressure (typically air in fuel) - no sign of air so I'm looking at injectors - that's why the 240's (or any balanced, clean spraying injectors) might help.
                              Surely if it was the injectors - unbalanced etc.. they would be leaking fuel?
                              When I read it thats what I was thinking, but whats not making any sense is I'm backing the fuel OFF.
                              New map emailed.
                              Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                              All I'm left with is a suspect lithuanian ECU, a suspect crank sensor/wire/plug and the old EEPROM coding faults and a flashing glow plug light.
                              Assume your 2nd ECU is good.
                              EEPROM Coding - I suspect its corrupted so you cannot adapt the new ECU with your cluster and fault is permanent until the EEPROM is rewritten.
                              I found VAG K-Commander (Chinesium copy versions 1.4,2.5 & 3.6) unreliable and reporting actions that corrupted the file and did nothing with regard to the task requested ie IMMO OFF. That said I don't know exactly whats supposed to happen but I doubt whether its supposed to loose all the vehicle data. I'm hesitant to start playing with this as my vans are running fine with IMMO on etc...plus I'm in the middle of my own cluster upgrade without confusing the install.
                              Last edited by Activ8; 5 March 2018, 01:29 PM.

Comment

I'll send you the latest map thats running in Colin01332's van, but I'll take a look at the map you're running.
                                The new map tightens 4th gear acceleration and now feels like 3rd, but the SOI fueling maps were backed off 25%! across the temp range.
                                (I'm currently experimenting with emissions test running when cold)

Surely if it was the injectors - unbalanced etc.. they would be leaking fuel?
                                When I read it thats what I was thinking, but whats not making any sense is I'm backing the fuel OFF.
                                New map emailed.
                                Cheers,

unbalanced injectors would make the timing jump around - don't know if this is picked up by the ECU or if it just takes the needle lift sensor signal as the trigger for timing measurement, which I suspect is the case.

leaking fuel? not sure about that.

poor atomisation wont help starting or the white smoke when cold problem - it definitely has that AJT smell.

Colin's map will be fine for my fmic setup?

Comment

Working...
                                X