No announcement yet.

My second T4, operation de-chav

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you modifying the engine while it's out?

Sent by ORANGE is the NEW BLACK

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
      Are you modifying the engine while it's out?

I am upping the compression slightly and port matching the inlet and exhausts. There isnt much else available for this engine. Long term plan is to megasquirt it then add a small turbo. Just want a little extra umpf to get up hills and overtake.

Comment

• Are the cylinder head / ports not the same as the TDI's? Think so - so stick an AJT/ACV manifold on with a K14 turbo with a mild boost through manual boost controller? Who needs a Megasquirt , then remap the AAF unit to account for the extra air intake / pressures?

Comment

• My van runs digifant one. It cant really be mapped. On the polo g40 golf g60 you can change chips but there is no one who can do it for my van. Have emailed a few people got no reply. Thought about using management from a golf v5 but couldnt find anyone willing to remap it as it would be custom so megasquirt appears to be the way to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by lister View Post
            My van runs digifant one. It cant really be mapped. On the polo g40 golf g60 you can change chips but there is no one who can do it for my van. Have emailed a few people got no reply. Thought about using management from a golf v5 but couldnt find anyone willing to remap it as it would be custom so megasquirt appears to be the way to go.
            I'd give it a go. No charge if I cannot do it.

Comment

• Cool will keep it in mind. I would like to find a spare ecu first as like most things for the petrol engine bits are harder to come by.

Comment

Cool will keep it in mind. I would like to find a spare ecu first as like most things for the petrol engine bits are harder to come by.
                Which Siemens ECU PN# are you running?
                023906022XX
                What's the XX?
                It will tell me which Siemens software version you're running.

Comment

Which Siemens ECU PN# are you running?
                  023906022XX
                  What's the XX?
                  It will tell me which Siemens software version you're running.

Will let you know tomorrow when i am back in work with everything to hand.
                  Anyway back on topic, what have you managed to do to your van this weekend Reg?? Paint your wiper arms orange??

Comment

I'd give it a go. No charge if I cannot do it.

Good man. That's the spirit.
                    Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

Will let you know tomorrow when i am back in work with everything to hand.
                      Anyway back on topic, what have you managed to do to your van this weekend Reg?? Paint your wiper arms orange??
                      Oh there's an idea...

Nothing this weekend, starter motor in the Toyoyta, cut a big hole in the house ceiling and fitted a new loft hatch - converting the loft into a boys den and then get my hi-fi. decks and vinyl out of it's 23 year mothballing.

Clutch is really struggling now, may be back on the tredder this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                        Oh there's an idea...

Nothing this weekend, starter motor in the Toyoyta, cut a big hole in the house ceiling and fitted a new loft hatch - converting the loft into a boys den and then get my hi-fi. decks and vinyl out of it's 23 year mothballing.

That’s what I want to do with our loft. Currently all wasted space full of crap we’ll never use.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Stick the standard map back on?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sirfbum View Post
                            That’s what I want to do with our loft. Currently all wasted space full of crap we’ll never use.
                            Cleared out quite a lot of our loft, sold a fair bit of lego that we had all the boxes stored for, the rest has been moved across to the other loft - though if I had my way I'd just get rid of the lot because it's only a matter of time.

Now a lot of the junk left in the loft will be used in the new conversion, speakers, a DVD rack, a wall mount tv bracket, some shelves etc

Had fun trying to fit the hatch last night, missus in the loft with a ratchet spanner and four 8mm bolts to tighten; me on a step ladder trying to hold a loft hatch with incorporated ladder up to the ceiling whilst she quickly did up the bolts.

2 minutes in, none of the bolts were going in and I couldn't hold it any longer.

In the end I did it myself, one foot on the steps, the other foot holding the hatch up to the frame whilst I just catch the bolts into the holes enough to take the weight

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                            Stick the standard map back on?
                            I intend to - there's always the desperate hope that it cures the flashing glow plug light problem.

Comment

I intend to - there's always the desperate hope that it cures the flashing glow plug light problem.
                              Just pm'd you.
                              I'll take a look today to see if I can trace the fault for you.

Last edited by Activ8; 5 February 2018, 10:36 AM.

Comment

• Talking of spare ECUs - I bought another for £40. I'm dubious of it's origins though....

Comment

Working...
                                X