My second T4, operation de-chav

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you!

Phoned TPS earlier, they wanted £80+ for the flywheel, didn't have any in stock, wouldn't sell them to me and wouldn't exchange for a DMF flywheel so add a £120 surcharge.

Strikes me as an odd item to offer on an exchange basis, a alternator or starter motor that can be refurbished I can understand - but a flywheel? Not the sort of thing you can refurb, you cant re-dress the face and the only wearing thing you could conceivably replace is the ring gear???

Any joy with the cupra setup - sounded good.

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
      Thank you!

Phoned TPS earlier, they wanted £80+ for the flywheel, didn't have any in stock, wouldn't sell them to me and wouldn't exchange for a DMF flywheel so add a £120 surcharge.

Strikes me as an odd item to offer on an exchange basis, a alternator or starter motor that can be refurbished I can understand - but a flywheel? Not the sort of thing you can refurb, you cant re-dress the face and the only wearing thing you could conceivably replace is the ring gear???

Any joy with the cupra setup - sounded good.
      If you want me to order one for you I'll do so Monday, my TPS guy told me to bring him any old flywheel in for the very reasons you stated.

Re Cupra R clutch kit; need to revisit etka and trace it through the part system because the manufacturers and sellers are definately getting something wrong.

The VR6 units will work, the 2.9 was rated to 190ps but the torque figures don't touch what we need.

Sent by ORANGE is the NEW BLACK

Comment

• TPS also do exchange water pumps. Vdub still use the plastic impellor which have been known to drop off. They see it as a service item to be done with the cambelt. Which is fine if its one that's driven by the cambelt.

Comment

• Just spoke with tps this morning to order a flywheel and waterpump for my petrol van. They are doing me one for £93.71 inc vat. Apparently the reason for exchange is to get a recycling credit from europe and also people can not clean them up and try to pass them off as genuine refurbished. He also told me brake shoes are an exchange item.......

Comment

• If your engine is an AAC I'm sure it uses the 228mm solid flywheel we too are looking at so the Valeo clutch kit should work and at £120 for 4 pieces is v good value (ebay Seller : transit center or the links above)

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
              If your engine is an AAC I'm sure it uses the 228mm solid flywheel we too are looking at so the Valeo clutch kit should work and at £120 for 4 pieces is v good value (ebay Seller : transit center or the links above)

No its the 2.5 aaf 5 cylinder petrol. I am sure that on would fit. But not knowing if it had the timing marks etc stamped into it i decided to play it safe. If anyone is buying one of rhose kits just for the flywheel i would be happy to buy the clutch kit off them. As the mild mods i am doing wont up the power to much.

Comment

• Originally posted by lister View Post
                No its the 2.5 aaf 5 cylinder petrol. I am sure that on would fit. But not knowing if it had the timing marks etc stamped into it i decided to play it safe. If anyone is buying one of rhose kits just for the flywheel i would be happy to buy the clutch kit off them. As the mild mods i am doing wont up the power to much.
                I've got a few manufacturers kits on order (I wanted to check and compare each one) plus seperate components to mix and match what I may need, so your welcome to anything that's surplus that works for you.

Comment

Would you mind measuring & weighing it ?(should min 228-230mm min at the clutch plate face) Then advise me of the part number TPS are shipping? I was quoted £81.43 just for the flywheel.

Last edited by Activ8; 3 February 2018, 06:46 PM.

Comment

• Started to receive the various clutch parts and kits;

Its not started too well -
                    The first kit has turned up this morning from the Transit Centre (ebay Reseller).
                    Specs as follows;
                    Double Boxed , well packaged as MESO003

Contains;
                    6 parts in 3 boxes marked MESO003 & K649 marked up on two but look reused as the labelling was covered over!
                    FlyWheel 11.4KG Dimensions Outer:280mm, Inner Clutch Face: Bevelled 234mm OD 230mmID, timing marked up but no part number markings.
                    Clutch Plate 1.6KG 228mm, marked up LUK 32160-4089 2.9 C245573 310-23401, LUK PN# is unrecognised.
                    Clutch Pressure Plate 4KG 228.6mm, marked up 310-23401, no part number recognition on the net.
                    Thrust Bearing (no markings), race feels cheap and looks cheap . Didn't see the point of getting the gauge out of the garage.
                    Flywheel Bolt Set x 8 (Type: M10x1x20), packaged as 6 but correct 8 supplied. Bolts incorrect and should be M10x1x29 according to Etka
                    Clutch Pressure Plate Bolt set x 6 (Type:M6x1x10).

So the purchase was for a SOLID FLYWHEEL & CLUTCH VW TRANSPORTER CARAVELLE BUS 2.4 2.5 835003
                    835003 is the Valeo Kit4p partnumber for the AAB AJT 228mm 28 spline SMF Conversion Kit.
                    The advert picture showed the very same Valeo kit per the Valeo website
                    The advert details identified itself as a Manufacturers PN#835003 with the manufacturer as MESO.

So, its a Chinese copy being sold as a Valeo Kit4p upgrade with a LUK(?) clutch plate.

I've asked for a collection of the goods and a full refund. Fast delivery with DHL though!

POSTED IN THE CLUTCH UPGRADE SECTION AS WELL.

Comment

Would you mind measuring & weighing it ?(should min 228-230mm min at the clutch plate face) Then advise me of the part number TPS are shipping? I was quoted £81.43 just for the flywheel.

I will do. It s tuesday or wednesday i will be picking it up. I measured the clutch i removed and its a 228mm disc.

Comment

I will do. It s tuesday or wednesday i will be picking it up. I measured the clutch i removed and its a 228mm disc.
                        Are you required to exchange the flywheel with TPS or pay a surcharge?

Comment

Are you required to exchange the flywheel with TPS or pay a surcharge?

I believe it was a £120 surcharge

Comment

• Activ8 your private message box is full. I will measure and weigh the flywheel when i pick it up. Will also ask them if the part number is the same for the diesel engines

Comment

• Can you measure the old one too? Just thinking that the tolerances on newer parts maybe more advantageous &/or VAG maybe modifying designs to suit the more powerful diesels coming through.

Comment

Can you measure the old one too? Just thinking that the tolerances on newer parts maybe more advantageous &/or VAG maybe modifying designs to suit the more powerful diesels coming through.

Will do it tomorrow when back in work. I have a nice boss who is letting me rebuild the engine in the workshop.

Comment

Working...
                                X