My second T4, operation de-chav

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
    Just had a thought, crank seal probably needed whilst I'm in there.
    Reg how tight do i do the injector up when fitting new nozzles and how tight when fitting the injectors back in the head thanks reg

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Just T4s

Comment

I said they were good, I think that's the same or similar setup I had on my Golf - From the looks of it I was running a heavier flywheel (to suit a diesel) but still a fair few kilos lighter than stock)

One problem - that flywheel (aside from possibly being too light) will not bolt up to the eight bolt crank on a T4

What do the AEL audi engines use, that's a route I've not looked down yet.

The drive to work was sedate this morning, no more than 1800 rpm and about 20% throttle max. yawn.
      I've had during the course of the day more correspondence with Frank, very helpful ...
      So despite the positive start this AM their kit is a 6 hole and it don't fit , I was very clear this morning!
      Last edited by Activ8; 29 January 2018, 11:54 PM.

Comment

• Cheers. My first question would have been what have you got that fits an eight hole crank....

Comment

• Reg , further to your email;

Audi A6 2.5TDI (AEL) Flywheel 046105266E 240mm 8 bolt

Comment

• Originally posted by daleydub View Post
            Reg how tight do i do the injector up when fitting new nozzles and how tight when fitting the injectors back in the head thanks reg

Assuming ABL type injectors - not TDI injectors with clamp?

52ft/lbs fitting into head, always push towards engine - not pull away as it's possible to crank them out the front of the head - but normally when trying to remove them when they are stuck in.

Fitting the nozzles, hand tighten the nozzle until it seats and then 45 degrees more.

Injector lines are not murder tight either - just nipped up.

Comment

Assuming ABL type injectors - not TDI injectors with clamp?

52ft/lbs fitting into head, always push towards engine - not pull away as it's possible to crank them out the front of the head - but normally when trying to remove them when they are stuck in.

Fitting the nozzles, hand tighten the nozzle until it seats and then 45 degrees more.

Injector lines are not murder tight either - just nipped up.
              Thank you reg

Comment

• Read some good things about TTV Racing producing some one off flywheels or adaptions for the Volvo M56 gearbox etc..
                So I've been in contact with them today for producing a bespoke AJT flywheel.
                http://ttvracing.com/

I'm not confident the Valeo 228mm SMF flywheel in the KIT4P is going to hold (long term) the sort of torque our engines can produce.

May be Dan could cast some wise words of guidance from his own experiences and discussions with "the shadow man".
                Last edited by Activ8; 31 January 2018, 02:50 AM.

Comment

• All aboard the early learning centre special fun bus.

This photo actually makes it look better than it really is, it's bloody awful. At least the 45 profile tyres didn't turn out to be as bad a ride as I thought they might

Comment

• I think it's pretty cool dude 🤙

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• Looks OK to me - not the best angle but its temporary..... - right?
                      Sent you an email.

Comment

• It looks pretty cool from here mate [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

• Looks fine from here Reg.

Comment

• Very Gi Joe cobra toy!! Like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                            Slowly slowly catchy monkey!

Comment

• I'm not feeling it, sorry.
                              Me cago en la madre que te pariĆ³!

Comment

• I like that!!
                                But I love the wheel style on anything and i like bright colours contrasted by black/dark/or mat colours.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

Working...
                                X