Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
    Is it as expected Reg?
    I would of thought it'd be burning v clean with the DS Gibontas (0.24's?)?

Did you fit that ACV gearbox & TT clutch?
    Nah it's pretty crap really, not exactly fast, just less slow. My 1.0 corsa would cream it, unless it was uphill when the van would stomp it.

It would burn clean if you mapped it to be clean using maths, but then it would be lazy as feck, so there's a bit of haze. At least it doesn't start up cold, chuff white smoke continuously and sit in a stinking fog of AJT misery.

still on original box, might top it up with oil... its single mass techni flywheel and that cheapo mk4 golf? valeo clutch you put me on to ages ago, seems to be holding better than the 'kevlar carbon race clutch'

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
      Yes Kev, I have the requisite wanky beard, man bag and twatty shoes for the 5" faulkners.

You’ll be raising the engine and gearbox next .

Comment

• Hi guys. I have a single mass flywheel doing nothing in my shed. Since I had my clutch done in may

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post

Is that a youfamism for wearing short tight trousers Kev?

Comment

• Originally posted by huskyman View Post
            Hi guys. I have a single mass flywheel doing nothing in my shed. Since I had my clutch done in may
            I'll offer £20 inclusive p&p HM? ;-)

Comment

Nah it's pretty crap really, not exactly fast, just less slow. My 1.0 corsa would cream it, unless it was uphill when the van would stomp it.

It would burn clean if you mapped it to be clean using maths, but then it would be lazy as feck, so there's a bit of haze. At least it doesn't start up cold, chuff white smoke continuously and sit in a stinking fog of AJT misery.

still on original box, might top it up with oil... its single mass techni flywheel and that cheapo mk4 golf? valeo clutch you put me on to ages ago, seems to be holding better than the 'kevlar carbon race clutch'
              So you're claiming the Corsa has in excess of the 192bhp that the Cheesemobile ran a month or so ago? You must of fitted those bad boy barry white rims then?

Comment

I was told it might be needed, but feck that ....notching comes first, then put the tank in the back.

Could go hydro - but I don't get the point.

When at a show, If I wanted my van to be so low I could no longer drive it anywhere, then I could just remove all the wheels.

Comment

So you're claiming the Corsa has in excess of the 192bhp that the Cheesemobile ran a month or so ago? You must of fitted those bad boy barry white rims then?
                  No, it has much much less weight, a close ratio low geared box and the ability to go round corners and brake. Yes the rims are now on, SIIIIKKK BRUV!

Comment

Is that a youfamism for wearing short tight trousers Kev?
                    If you saw the size of my bollocks .....you’d know tight trousers are a no no .

Comment

• Hi. Activ. So you want it for nothing then as post will probably be £20. Think I will hang on to it for that sort of offer

Comment

• Originally posted by huskyman View Post
                        Hi. Activ. So you want it for nothing then as post will probably be £20. Think I will hang on to it for that sort of offer
                        Whaaaat .... not me HM,
                        I just probably tried a low offer first.
                        You could just use the for sale section and state a price perhaps?

Comment

No way, I’m just not buying it. Mine would rape a 1.0 Corsa (and a gearbox in the process) and it weighs the same as a small moon!

Mine smokes like fuck. Turbo spools fast and hard though lol.

An old boy gearbox bloke told me once that I should overfill my gearbox oil. Said to stick 3l in it. He said that overfilling causes them to heat up more but that type of gearbox has starvation problems and oil at starvation would kill it long before overheating did. Both of mine have had 3l in since a shagged the last box on the workvan. I fill the extra through the breather on the top of the box.

My van ate the ajt Valeo clutch on the old pump but I think that was down to the torque spike wearing it quickly then it didn’t matter how I drove it just slipped like fuck.

Sachs Vr6 clutch just about hanging on but a few miles of savagery sees it slip. No torque spike and rated at 300lbsft. I good sign it’s moved on considerably from the previous 180lbsft but the van is heavy so it’s working hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                          #vanlife

Comment

If you saw the size of my bollocks .....you’d know tight trousers are a no no .
                            You talk some bollocks that’s for sure

#vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by TommyP View Post

No way, I’m just not buying it. Mine would rape a 1.0 Corsa (and a gearbox in the process) and it weighs the same as a small moon!

Mine smokes like fuck. Turbo spools fast and hard though lol.

An old boy gearbox bloke told me once that I should overfill my gearbox oil. Said to stick 3l in it. He said that overfilling causes them to heat up more but that type of gearbox has starvation problems and oil at starvation would kill it long before overheating did. Both of mine have had 3l in since a shagged the last box on the workvan. I fill the extra through the breather on the top of the box.

My van ate the ajt Valeo clutch on the old pump but I think that was down to the torque spike wearing it quickly then it didn’t matter how I drove it just slipped like fuck.

Sachs Vr6 clutch just about hanging on but a few miles of savagery sees it slip. No torque spike and rated at 300lbsft. I good sign it’s moved on considerably from the previous 180lbsft but the van is heavy so it’s working hard.

Never mind this torque and Corsa challenge bravado, Kev just sent me a pic asking whether he'd get his sweetbreads in tight trousers? Mrs F (pictured) has hinted at her injuries and wishes to see both on a plate!

Comment

Never mind this torque and Corsa challenge bravado, Kev just sent me a pic asking whether he'd get his sweetbreads in tight trousers? Mrs F (pictured) has hinted at her injuries and wishes to see both on a plate!
                                Could you please remove this personal photo please haha haha

Comment

Working...
                                X