My second T4, operation de-chav

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post

Nope that's the filler neck, about what I paid for the same thing five years ago, problem is the dealer is an hour away and wont post, but they are cheaper than the cheapest second hand one on eBay.
    Great drive in the CHorsa, or driving practice for a Learner? I''ll see if I've got one. They tend to be bust/cracked at the base though.

Comment

• Not supposed to be driving anywhere....Boris' farcical 'lockdown'

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
        Not supposed to be driving anywhere....Boris' farcical 'lockdown'
        Still got your bike haven't you?
        Stick a Deliveroo badge on a hi-vis.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
          Still got your bike haven't you?
          Stick a Deliveroo badge on a hi-vis.
          Bike's gone 2k profit and a free private plate , might be getting another bike from the bucket list this evening....

Comment

• Fireblade?

Comment

• I've looked but the three fillers I have are damaged.

Comment

Fireblade?
                Never a honda..... well maybe an RC30/45 or NSR250, but no.

Think my van has the taste for blood now, think it may be a vanpire.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210129_174628[1].jpg
Views:	279
Size:	177.6 KB
ID:	319079

Sodding bonnet again, I may just go out and drop the bonnet on my head one more time and get the third one over and done.
                Last edited by regcheeseman; 29 January 2021, 08:58 PM.

Comment

• That looks nasty. with my recurring eye bleed we could do with an injury thread. Honda SS50 best bike i ever had............................................... ...only bike i ever had.

Comment

• Have you not got a gas strut? I bolted it straight back on when I took the front panel off. It’ll save that 3rd time.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                    #vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                      That looks nasty. with my recurring eye bleed we could do with an injury thread. Honda SS50 best bike i ever had............................................... ...only bike i ever had.
                      I made an injury thread. It was titled ouch!. Reg thats a sore 1

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by TommyP View Post
                        Have you not got a gas strut? I bolted it straight back on when I took the front panel off. It’ll save that 3rd time.

Got the gas strut, use same bolts as front panel so was going to fit it when front panel went back on. However, first job this morning was to move the mounting point in and refit the strut.
                        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

• Yep, that’s what I did, just removed temporarily whilst the front panel came off and then straight back on. I’m not the most patient, so if it fell on me I’d end up ripping it off, throwing it through the windscreen and kicking fuck out of the front of the van. I couldn’t let that happen lol

#vanlife

Comment

• 'Upgrade' headlight loom, connector fell off - badly crimped - this aint the first one either, probably replaced most of the connectors on it now.

Name:	IMG_20210204_101416.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	627.8 KB
ID:	319520

Rad pipes were resting on top of the intercooler, it was only a matter of time before they rubbed through, so I used a p clip to hold the pipe up

Name:	IMG_20210203_110315.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	525.1 KB
ID:	319521

Talking of pipes, the heater matrix and the coolant 'tell-tale' pipe to expansion tank need some tidying

Name:	IMG_20210203_110516.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	540.2 KB
ID:	319522

ibble obble black bobble ibble obble OUT!

Name:	IMG_20210203_112318.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	663.9 KB
ID:	319523

Sits a bit low

Name:	IMG_20210203_112732.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	564.0 KB
ID:	319524

Modified the brackets and it's now slightly higher than the sump

Name:	IMG_20210203_115417.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	537.4 KB
ID:	319525

First pipe gone in nice, lost a couple of tight right angles which is nice

Name:	IMG_20210203_143002.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	515.0 KB
ID:	319526

Got scuppered because the new IC outlets are .25" bigger and the unit is not quite as wide, I've ordered a hard pipe kit to further improve flow.

Now to get a feed to the turbo, the old pipe from the airbox had two really tight 90 degree bends which weren't too clever but there's no room, and then the pipe has to pass between engine/chassis/brake servo and there is a dipstick tube right across the middle of the only route the airbox pipe can take....

Comment

• Have you modified the Spanish inlet manifold?
                              Last edited by Activ8; 4 February 2021, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Have you modified the Spanish inlet manifold?
                                No still on ACV manifold, that'll be for the cooking engine that's still on the stand waiting for valve train to be built,

I should have just fitted it as it creates more space for the intake pipework as you don't have a boost pipe and the intake pipe trying to occupy the same region. Having the boost running clockwise from turbo make much more sense from physical packaging perspective.

Tommy P was right about fitting the Volvo cam cover and loosing the filler neck as that would also give more space. The sooner I can get my turbo fitted higher the better as it means the pipe runs become less compromised by having to bend around obstructions.

Not much progress this morning, I try to get up early when on late shift as I can get some really good progress made in daylight, but it caught up with me this morning and I could not get out of bed, felt like crap and practically wrote the whole morning off, although the postie dropped off a few nice parcels....TBC

Comment

Working...
                                X