No announcement yet.

My second T4, operation de-chav

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do we do that walking around in circles? How does that help the pain?
    Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• I’ve no idea but my dog does the same when taking a shit !

Comment

• Oops, how’s the head now mate?

That pipe work is gonna be a pain in the arse with it entering the inlet on the left hand side. Why did you decide on the AEL one?

Suppose you’d just run the flow the reverse way through the FMIC though.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
        #vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
          Why do we do that walking around in circles? How does that help the pain?
          Its like when you hit a squirrel on the road they bounce about till they run out of blood.

Comment

• Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
            Why do we do that walking around in circles? How does that help the pain?
            Fight or flight response , the release of adrenalin and endorphins increase your blood glucose so your metabolism is raised and you become pumped in the elderly this can bring on shock,stroke,epilepsy,spasms,incontinence etc. Lasts for about 20 minutes then the pain/repair (different chem response) process kicks in often with nausea. The nausea is designed to reduce activity / unnecessary functions / blood and to speed up the initial repair.

Comment

• Originally posted by spedwing View Post
              I’ve no idea but my dog does the same when taking a shit !
              Does he look you in the eye when crimping one off? Mine does, the twunt! It creeps me out.
              Its like he is saying "pick it up human......collect my poop"
              Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• Originally posted by TommyP View Post
                That pipe work is gonna be a pain in the arse with it entering the inlet on the left hand side. Why did you decide on the AEL one?
                Say the AEL one, it was cheap, looked interesting, nice long rounded runners, decent plenum, meth injection port...

Pipe work will be tidy enough, just send the pipework off the turbo to the right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                  The AET inlet is going to make routing the pipework interesting. Will you be turning the turbo 180 degrees with the air intake coming in from the nearside?
                  My pipework off the turbo is currently vertical and then it has a 90 degree elbow which sends boost pipe off to the left where it fights for space with the intake pipe, spin the elbow to the right and send the boost circuit in the opposite direction. Think it'll be fine?

I wont be fitting it when the engine goes back in, but now I know it'll fit, it'll go on my new engine and I'll build the exhaust manifold to suit the AEL and standard manifold.

Comment

• This is the reason my van is so fast....

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210116_172832[1].jpg
Views:	232
Size:	316.2 KB
ID:	318152

It's got the heart of a white van, thankfully a very clean rust free white van, few bits of surface rust, nothing serious though.

Comment

• Anyone know the torque settings for clutch pressure plate bolts?

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                        Anyone know the torque settings for clutch pressure plate bolts?
                        02B SMF 20Nm
                        02B DMF 13Nm
                        02G DMF 13Nm

Comment

• Usually about 15 to 25 lb ft. People always seem to do tighter than they need be. A Simon bodge, if it turns the motor its tight enough. Never had any come loose.

Comment

02B SMF 20Nm
                            02B DMF 13Nm
                            02G DMF 13Nm
                            Cheers

That cheap valeo clucth kit you pointed me at seems to fit ok, glad I took a punt on it - thanks for the heads up.

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post

Cheers

That cheap valeo clucth kit you pointed me at seems to fit ok, glad I took a punt on it - thanks for the heads up.
                              Did you try the 240mm DMF in the 02B?

Comment

Did you try the 240mm DMF in the 02B?
                                No, didn't think of that. It's in the loft, I'll give it a try,

Comment

Working...
                                X