• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What filter did you use?
    Me cago en la madre que te pariĆ³!

Comment

• Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
      What filter did you use?
      Mother nature. Combination of good light and leadened skies really brought the grey out, so had to get a picture!

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post

Mother nature. Combination of good light and leadened skies really brought the grey out, so had to get a picture!
        I bet.
        one of those frantic moments trying to unlock the phone and activate the camera.
        Quick, quick....got to show those bastards its not green.

Comment

I bet.
          one of those frantic moments trying to unlock the phone and activate the camera.
          I think it was taken to test Regs' latest Dogging Geocaching App and waiting for the 1st Xmas rendezvous. I'm convinced its the reason for establishing the colour as Grown?

Comment

I bet.
            It was exactly those thoughts, pretty much word for word, except I called you all 'twats'

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post

It was exactly those thoughts, pretty much word for word, except I called you all 'twats'
              Merry Christmas Reg.

Comment

• Nice day out in Lynmouth, cracking walk up to Watersmeet Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20201227_151446[1].jpg Views:	0 Size:	442.7 KB ID:	317024

The family were not that impressed that I stomped on ahead and left them behind, but I managed to get to Watersmeet house 4 minutes before they shut and ordered hot chocolate and coffee with cakes for everyone.
                Last edited by regcheeseman; 27 December 2020, 09:50 PM.

Comment

• Another good calendar pic for 2021!

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                    Another good calendar pic for 2021!
                    Yep, we havent had too many this year mate.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                      Yep, we havent had too many this year mate.
                      Aye, scrapping the bottom of the barrel....

Comment

• Started the headwork, nothing major just a bit of port matching, matching the port to the gasket.

First up, as I dont have engineers blue, some sharpie around the ports, position the gasket and use a scribe to mark the material to be removed, it's not a lot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201230_172428[1].jpg
Views:	253
Size:	221.0 KB
ID:	317224

Using a carbide cutter in the dremel to remove most of the material then use abrasive drums of varying grits to clean up the surface, doesnt have to be mirror finish.

Name:	IMG_20201230_175324[1].jpg
Views:	250
Size:	350.2 KB
ID:	317225

Quick check for size

Name:	IMG_20201230_172456[1].jpg
Views:	248
Size:	305.5 KB
ID:	317226

Some more blending with a finer grit abrasive drum, then extensive cleaning up using airline and flushing through with brake cleaner.

Name:	IMG_20201230_210151[1].jpg
Views:	249
Size:	395.1 KB
ID:	317227

Comment

• How long did it take to grind down Reg?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by Fife t4 View Post
                            How long did it take to grind down Reg?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s
                            Probably about 5 minutes per port, the carbide cutter rips it to shape pretty quick. there's not much to remove. The intakes were very close as standard, didn't even use the carbide cutter, a few minutes with 60 grit sanding drums was all they needed.

Comment

• When you see adverts for tuned engines and it refers to it being "ported" i assume its the process you've just carried out? Its all those small things that add up and make a difference. Like when a standard engine is "blued printed" (building to the exact makers spec like forumula Ford). I have a book in the attic Tuning BMC,s A series by David Visard you probably enjoy it even thou its petrol.Yes i was once a Mini fan but i'm ok know.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                                When you see adverts for tuned engines and it refers to it being "ported" i assume its the process you've just carried out? Its all those small things that add up and make a difference. Like when a standard engine is "blued printed" (building to the exact makers spec like forumula Ford). I have a book in the attic Tuning BMC,s A series by David Visard you probably enjoy it even thou its petrol.Yes i was once a Mini fan but i'm ok know.
                                Porting is a bit more involved, modifying the entire port section and area, what I've done is just port matching.

Comment

Working...
                                X