No announcement yet.

My second T4, operation de-chav

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Started building the motor back up, having fun trying to work out what fasteners are what from a range of random takeaway tubs, I broke my golden rule of bagging and labelling everything in this usual misguided illusion that it'll only be a few weeks before I bolt this back together and i'll remember what went where.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201211_225001[1].jpg
Views:	281
Size:	284.4 KB
ID:	316076

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
      Started building the motor back up, having fun trying to work out what fasteners are what from a range of random takeaway tubs, I broke my golden rule of bagging and labelling everything in this usual misguided illusion that it'll only be a few weeks before I bolt this back together and i'll remember what went where.

Name:	IMG_20201211_225001[1].jpg
Views:	281
Size:	284.4 KB
ID:	316076
      Are we missing some build pics?
      Did you just paint the block?
      Loving the contrast - great job?

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
        Are we missing some build pics?
        Did you just paint the block?
        Loving the contrast - great job?
        Yeah, I blew it back over with some satin rattle can, I had started to do it on the orange block but because the paint hadnt cured it was bleeding back through, could have been a really cool effect but it wasn't. I didn't bother posting pics of the re-blacked block as the engine block photos were getting boring.

Yeah, I like the contrast of the matt and the satin, works well I think.

Comment

• Some bits turned up in the post

Name:	IMG_20201218_203025[1].jpg
Views:	292
Size:	435.6 KB
ID:	316448

Schedule 40 1 1/4" stainless pipe and 90 degree bends

Comment

• FLANGE!

Had a couple test printed

Name:	IMG_20201219_190423[1].jpg
Views:	268
Size:	340.7 KB
ID:	316489

Good job I had a test print, the flange interferes with the inlet manifold and the link bar between each one is too high

Name:	IMG_20201219_190352[1].jpg
Views:	274
Size:	333.8 KB
ID:	316490

Comment

• New version

Name:	Captureryry.JPG
Views:	279
Size:	125.7 KB
ID:	316499

Comment

• So your building a custom fannymold then?

Comment

• Test print with cock logo’s , ohh suits you sir

Comment

• Just reread the first couple a pages of your build.Never noticed your roof was black.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                      Just reread the first couple a pages of your build.Never noticed your roof was black.
                      Or the rest is green?
                      Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• Working lates until 2am tonight, MOT booked for 8:30 tomorrow morning and then straight to work again.

As if to rub it in someone was playing "I wish it could be christmas everyday" from their house really loud as I parked up at work, I just sat there and thought, NO, No I fucking don't, to much stress, to much anticipation and its a pile of shit when you get there. Still got to go shopping; great. Fucking shopping on christmas eve, ho, ho, ho.

Comment

• Another years ticket, with the usual compliment of advisories, some old some new.

Comment

• Nice1 Reg.

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                              Another years ticket, with the usual compliment of advisories, some old some new.
                              What’s on the list mate?

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                              #vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by TommyP View Post
                                What’s on the list mate?
                                Track rod end rubbers, number plate lamp, pinhole in exhaust, corroded rear spring, think that was about it...

To celebrate here's a picture of a grey van, looking grey against the green grass and the brown leaves.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20201223_153141[1].jpg Views:	0 Size:	492.6 KB ID:	316787
                                Last edited by regcheeseman; 23 December 2020, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X