X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's increased from 27p to 54p
    Jebem ti nanu u trulu sisu

Comment

• Next time you borrow my trolley jack, give it a clean after - seems to have marmite smeared all over the handle, god knows what you were doing with it?

Comment

• I thought you liked marmite? you've never moaned before...

Comment

• Finished the downpipe that sausages and I thought we had nearly finished yesterday, that last section proved far more hassle than it looked last night.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170616_153952.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	261469

That last section turned into two with a couple of bonus lobster tail cuts as well, needed a s bend dogleg section to carry the pipe up clear of the steering rack then down again so the flexi would clear the underside of the van.

Then the last section (post flexi) was chopped off and moved a bit.

Then the welds were ground down then cleaned up with a flap wheel

Name:	20170616_155901.jpg
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	261470

Then wrapped

Name:	20170616_162219.jpg
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	261471

Turn my attention to the inlet side of the turbo, the standard fitting wont fit up and needs modifying with a silicone reducer elbow

Name:	20170616_164253.jpg
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	261472

And fitted together

Name:	20170616_165644.jpg
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	261473

I couldn't really have asked for it to fit to the original car airbox any better -

Name:	20170616_212359.jpg
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	261474

Check out the dribble of brake fluid from the master cylinder that has wrecked the fresh painted servo - I could have cried when I saw that, bloody hateful van with its knackered master cylinder, it's not even got a reservoir of brake fluid attached and it still leaks fluid.

How it all comes together

Name:	20170616_212412.jpg
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	261475

Reminds me... have to sort that egr blank.

That's the exhaust done - side exit for the win.

Name:	20170616_212441.jpg
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	261476
          Last edited by regcheeseman; 9 July 2017, 12:53 AM.

Comment

• Good work !

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• Very good i wish i had your skills

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Just T4s

Comment

• There is a lack of cocks drawn all over it mate [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• Like the time I drove home in the dark after working on his roof, next day found cocks and balls drawn all over it in the dirt

Comment

• Mmmmmm side exit exhaust. It doesnt get any better than that
                    Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• It won't be having a side exit exhaust, sorry!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Sausages View Post
                        It won't be having a side exit exhaust, sorry!
                        Wanna bet? I'm welding one to those hideous side bars and then sending it up the side of the van in a 4 ft stack, it'll look awsum.

Progress????

For the benefit of a forum member, some pictures of the coolant pipe setup

Name:	20170617_202620.jpg
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	261478

Name:	20170617_202630.jpg
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	261477

This is the pipe from heater matrix back to engine and has been bodge repaired previously

Having probs getting the immo box wired - there's a red/green wire which has no obvious home

The ECU is mounted up inside the cab as it has already suffered enough abuse fro the environment, horrible powdery crusty mess

Name:	20170617_203440.jpg
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	261480

And the N75/EGR solenoids are mounted up

Name:	20170617_203453.jpg
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	261481

And the upshot? - It fires(briefly) but wont run.

Seems like the immo is cutting in but it isn't a nice clean fire, more like half an effort. I did think the unstamped flywheel and my guessed at TDC mark means the timing is out but moving the pump forward/back only made things worse so it must be right (ish)
                        Seems like a fuel issue, if I could sort the immo and get it to try to run for more than half a second I'm sure the pump would sort itself out and prime up properly.

I've been googling like mad and found no proper answer, so I'll just have to work it out, infuriating though to be so close....
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by regcheeseman; 9 July 2017, 01:01 AM.

Comment

• Do you need the donor loom to the ignition switch with the chip in the key?

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                            Do you need the donor loom to the ignition switch with the chip in the key?
                            I do, the donor key is taped to the transponder which is plugged in to the Immo box pictured above. The other socket on the immo box plugs into the loom via the ODB port loom; then there are two wires unconnected. One is an earth and the other green with red stripe, I'm pretty sure it is a switched live but want to be sure before I plug it in and burn out the Immo box.

Comment

• No point me trying to teach an old dog new tricks then. Nice job your doing there. That's why I like the old t/ds no fancy electronics.

Comment

• What model/year is the donor loom from? Ive got wiring diagrams for most VAG stuff.

Off the top of my head, the immo box should have earth (probably brown or brown/white), ignition live (black), K-line connection to the odb/port and other K-lines (grey/white), and K-line to the ECU (grey). Thats for a mk3 golf, will vary from model to model.

Can you connect to the immo box and ecu with vagcom?

Comment

Working...
                                X