No announcement yet.

Swapping sausages - TDI conversion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECU was sold as 110 bhp for standard injectors, it smokes a little but isn't silly
    Jebem ti nanu u trulu sisu

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Sausages View Post
      ECU was sold as 110 bhp for standard injectors, it smokes a little but isn't silly
      eBay advert was 120bhp / 260Nm IMMO Off

You're at 130 bhp / 341.7 Nm IMMO Off based on 252ft/lb, could it be 252Nm?

Comment

• Yer tiz...........
        Attached Files

Comment

• Does that mean my gearbox has a short life expectancy?

Comment

Does that mean my gearbox has a short life expectancy?
            meh.... You have a rebuilt spare.

Torque looks good sub 2K and yo've got 100 bhp+ there - already more than the stock motor!

Should be a bit better than the old NA engine.

Comment

Does that mean my gearbox has a short life expectancy?
              Peak torque is coming in at just over 1800rpm, so all stress is in the first 1000rpm, so what do you reckon....
              The falling torque curve indicates too higher boost pressure so the turbo is becoming less efficient very quickly , so you winding the actuator back might actually extend the torque curve and make it more driveable without the gearbox/clutch stress. You might find you loose 10-15% torque but it'll feel and drive better.

I'd want to stretch it over 2500 rpm with a nice long plateau'ing curve mate,
              But lets face it , its a pretty good result!

Map could do with a little work over 3700rpm as it just lets go and its a wasted 500rpm....
              Last edited by Activ8; 20 January 2018, 01:28 AM.

Comment

• I very rarely push it past 3.5k, just doesn't need it on the the road

Comment

• Had turbo wound back today and is now peaking at 17psi, won't get a chance to drive it for a while but the mechanic assures me "it goes like fuck"

Comment

• There's nothing better than descriptive clarity especially when less is more. Chuffed for you bud. Feedback in you own good time...

Sent by Rectum Pulse Modulator

Comment

• Drove it today for the first time since having the actuator wound back. What a difference! It drives bloody lovely, smoother low down the revs, but keeps on pulling strong. Whether there's a drop in overall torque and bhp I don't know, or care, because it feels spot on. First long hill out of Barnstaple towards bideford on the link road and it just pulled and pulled in 5th. I'm now pushing shitty old transits along rather than them pushing me. when flooring it it stays at 15 with the very odd spike at 17
                      Last edited by Dave Sausages; 2 February 2018, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Drove it today for the first time since having the actuator wound back. What a difference! It drives bloody lovely, smoother low down the revs, but keeps on pulling strong. Whether there's a drop in overall torque and bhp a don't know, or care, because it feels spot on. First long hill out of Barnstaple towards bideford on the link road and it just pulled and pulled in 5th. I'm now pushing shitty old transits along rather than them pushing me.
                        Fantastic Sausages, fantastic....

Sent by ORANGE is the NEW BLACK

Comment

• Has to be hell of a change from the non-turbo 1.9 snail that was in there originally.

Mines still making more power though.

Comment

• All is good, apart from putting 20 sovs of diesel in this morning and after 32 miles the fuel light coming on

Comment

All is good, apart from putting 20 sovs of diesel in this morning and after 32 miles the fuel light coming on
                              That aint right, should still return decent mpg, you got a hole in your fuel tank?

Probably scraped a hole in the tank cos you are so low.

Comment

All is good, apart from putting 20 sovs of diesel in this morning and after 32 miles the fuel light coming on
                                Dude even if I give it welly I still get 120 miles easy .... maybe tank sender unit is wrong ? [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Working...
                                X