• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I assume they are .210 maybe? Only going by what Reg told me
    Jebem ti nanu u trulu sisu

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Sausages View Post
      I assume they are .210 maybe? Only going by what Reg told me
      Loads of info out there, all of it conflicting! The volvo nozzles could be 205 - 216 as could the T4 ones - all are known as 216s

Originally posted by Dave Sausages View Post
      Reg had my old injectors in exchange, and yes, he set the .216s up
      Yep they are all set at 220.

Comment

I assume they are .210 maybe? Only going by what Reg told me
        I think the early 850 2.5tdi were 0.210's but I've never come across any...
        If they're Bosch nozzles the part number is stamped on them.
        It would be worth asking Reg to get the nozzle part numbers off of the AHU injectors.

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
          Loads of info out there, all of it conflicting!
          Unless you checked with Bosch and have a list of every two spring 150degree nozzle they produced.
          Check the part numbers.
          Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
          Yep they are all set at 220.
          Cheers Reg, can you read the AHU nozzle part numbers off.
          It will help me look at the SOI maps and adjust for the Volvo injectors.
          Also, I'd like to produce an AHU ECU upgrade path.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
            Cheers Reg, can you read the AHU nozzle part numbers off.
            Will do. I'll try to read the ECU as well if I get chance.

Comment

• Morning Dave Sausages, I've had another email from the ECU Seller this morning.
              He's stating that at the 220bar the Volvos should be fine with the current 120 map. (Which is your current experience)
              As the injector spring pressure degrades the van will become more smokey and more than if the SOI (Start Of Injection) maps were written for those injectors.

Personally I would remap it, the AFR's will not be at their optimum, so less bhp and torque for the "additional" fuel being delivered.
              I've no guide as to how long they'll stay at 220, but as its running clean, it makes financial sense to just make a note and run it until it becomes more smokey.
              I'm waiting for my chip programmer and chips but once received I can easily sort this for you.
              You'll just need Reg to read the current map for me and later to drop in the new EEPROM.

Comment

• If someone could drop me out some Argon, I could read their map....

With age the release pressures seem to hold up well, just the spray patterns go all to chuff and then they start to dribble.

Injectors are similar.
                Last edited by regcheeseman; 15 December 2017, 11:11 AM.

Comment

• Did your gasket arrive yesterday? Which inlet are you fitting AJT or the Volvo tube?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

This post to Reg is not really in the wrong thread , so please do not read it....
                  Last edited by Activ8; 15 December 2017, 12:19 PM.

Comment

• Ok cheese I get the message

Comment

Ok cheese I get the message
                      Before you fit your replacement K03 tomorrow, could you measure the cast housing to manifold footprint or photograph it with a ruler.
                      Never had one and would like to "play" with some theoretical upgrades.

Comment

• Will do, only picking it up tomorrow, then I'll have to book it in for fitting

Comment

Will do, only picking it up tomorrow, then I'll have to book it in for fitting
                          What ? Reg not doing it for you?
                          Are you flushing the engine?

Comment

• Reg lives about ten miles away, my local mech is about 100 yards away, reg has got enough on his plate, I can just pay this guy for a couple of hours and it's done

Comment

Reg lives about ten miles away, my local mech is about 100 yards away, reg has got enough on his plate, I can just pay this guy for a couple of hours and it's done
                              Just thought he might want to see a T4 drive away from his place without smoke & 15psi of boost? 😉

Comment

• You told me not to drive it anywhere earlier, make up your mind

It doesn't smoke with standard ecu anyway

Comment

Working...
                                X