No announcement yet.

Swapping sausages - TDI conversion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Van is booked in tomorrow with the mech down the road to sort the actuator, will report back with outcome...
    Jebem ti nanu u trulu sisu

Comment

• Aside from all the faffing with odds and sods, actual issues on mine so far is n75, maf, turbo actuator

Comment

• Got van back this morning, turbo had a hole and the actuator was seized where the rod goes into the housing. Can't take it for a test drive as it's icy as fuck.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Cheers, keep us all posted - a return to 20psi should be welcomed Xmas pressie?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• Should stay at 15 I think? But yeah, will be best prezzie ever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Sausages View Post
              Should stay at 15 I think? But yeah, will be best prezzie ever!
              Where was the hole in the turbo?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• In the pics above by the feed line

Comment

• How did we miss that, cant have been like it when it went in, we would have seen the soot?

Need to dig over some of the build pics now to see if it's there.

At least its a result.

The old actuator was moving though?

Comment

• Glad you've got to the bottom of it chaps. Is that one down three to go?

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                      How did we miss that, cant have been like it when it went in, we would have seen the soot?

Need to dig over some of the build pics now to see if it's there.

At least its a result.

The old actuator was moving though?
                      Just looking at the pictures ,
                      so the cast exhaust turbine housing has developed what looks like two "blow" holes in the casing?
                      And your welding it back up????? (Sorry Reg, 1x ? is enough), Whats the inside casing look like if its melted through and the turbine itself?
                      Thats serious heat bud....

Whats the K03 journal bearings made of?

Has the compressor housing rubber seal to the backplate twisted? Just looks a little dirty / oily around the backplate in the 1st pic.
                      Last edited by Activ8; 12 December 2017, 12:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                        Glad you've got to the bottom of it chaps. Is that one down three to go?
                        Four out of four would be a great result, but have you ever come across blow holes in a cast turbo housing before?

Comment

• No was a bit of an eye opener. Was the top picture of it on the bench taken the same day as it looks like you can see it on that one. Its certainly not something you'd be looking for or expect. Havent come across that before.

Comment

• Never seen a turbo with a hole in it

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                              No was a bit of an eye opener. Was the top picture of it on the bench taken the same day as it looks like you can see it on that one. Its certainly not something you'd be looking for or expect. Havent come across that before.
                              That's Puuntang Hot,....
                              https://youtu.be/DpktBGInl60

Since the compositions of most cast irons are around the eutectic point (lowest liquid point) of the iron–carbon system, the melting temperatures usually range from 1,150 to 1,200 °C (2,100 to 2,190 °F), which is about 300 °C (540 °F) lower than the melting point of pure iron.
                              Last edited by Activ8; 12 December 2017, 02:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by daleydub View Post
                                Never seen a turbo with a hole in it

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Just T4s
                                Normally its just the holes designed and cast, Dave & Reg are doing a little R&D me thinks! (& some more for Reg !!!!!!!!!!!)

Comment

Working...
                                X