Hats off to ya that's pretty good 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
    Abandoned -
    Hiccups
    Unfixed

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• Here's what we found today looking at measuring blocks using VAGCOM

The brake/clutch output was showing as 110 and no matter what we did, couldn't remove the two high (1) states (the third state - brake light switch- worked fine) I cut the wire on the ecu and still the input stayed high even when grounded out.
      We then plugged in the mapped ECU and these inputs worked fine, well they did once I'd repaired the cut wire.

Dunno whats going on there - it's like they are hard coded on the standard original ECU????

Then we looked at the coolant sensor output in measuring blocks - until this registers over 85 degrees I can't view the timing and it's only getting to 65.

On a slightly warm engine it was reading 35, I unplgged it and it dropped as expected. Does this mean the ECU is solely taking the temperature reading from the coolant sender?

At this point it transpired that the dash gauge is not reading normal either - it's reading low. So the sensor may be telling the truth and the thermostat may be broke/non existent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
        Abandoned -
        Hiccups
        Unfixed
        Brilliant and prophetic.

Do you do cryptic crosswords as it sounds like a clue?

Comment

• Nah, I like the challenge. Did you check the Cordoba with VCDS before it was stripped?

Comment

• So, leaving the modded ECU in the brake & clutch is 'fixed'. You could read the original ECU file and send it to me? I'll locate the registered HEX and rewrite it. If only to give Sausages his spare back.

Can you fit a Cordoba temp sensor?

The Dash gauge could be misreporting the misreporting sensor as it to will have a calculation so the error is compounded. Go for the correct sensor.

Comment

So, leaving the modded ECU in the brake & clutch is 'fixed'. You could read the original ECU file and send it to me? I'll locate the registered HEX and rewrite it.
              No I dont think so - it's MSA remember, even if I could read it I can't write to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                No I dont think so - it's MSA remember, even if I could read it I can't write to it.
                Try and read it , if you're able to at least I can start looking up the hex locations and repair them. I've read in the earlier parts of the thread you were swapping chips - do you have a Willems Programmer? I'll get one this week and get a few chips remapped plus a few standard. Did you do the IMMO delete?

Comment

• Keep pushing guys, sounds like your getting close.

All hail our t4 pioneers!.
                  Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

Try and read it , if you're able to at least I can start looking up the hex locations and repair them. I've read in the earlier parts of the thread you were swapping chips - do you have a Willems Programmer? I'll get one this week and get a few chips remapped plus a few standard. Did you do the IMMO delete?

I de soldered the immo SMD and put it in a generic programmer but the chip was damaged an unreadable - so I got another chip from an old polo ecu but it didn't like it - So sausage bought a new immo deleted ecu from the 'bay.

Comment

• Tonight Reg fitted the new thermostat and coolant sensor (of a different heat range). Filled up with fresh anti freeze, warmed the van up, temp gauge went up to centre and the temp on vag read too high, but at least it enabled the timing to be read which turned out too be fine.

Not sure what else to check now, everything is as it should be but the power loss persists. I have a rolling road session booked for Friday afternoon, so will be interesting if they find anything....
                      Jebem ti nanu u trulu sisu

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Sausages View Post
                        Tonight Reg fitted the new thermostat and coolant sensor (of a different heat range).
                        Filled up with fresh anti freeze, warmed the van up, temp gauge went up to centre and the temp on vag read too high,
                        but at least it enabled the timing to be read which turned out too be fine.
                        What did the temp read in VCDS?
                        Originally posted by Dave Sausages View Post
                        Not sure what else to check now, everything is as it should be but the power loss persists.
                        Whhhhaaaat?
                        Thats good news about the timing and rules out the timing duty cycle, so now,
                        Have you checked the airflow from the MAF to turbo? Leaks or restrictions????
                        Have you checked the airflow through the IC? Any cracks or plastic damage? Pipework all good and sealed ????

Run some log runs up your hill(s) test per previous thread replies...
                        Lets look at what the sensors are reporting under load? 3rd, 4th and 5th gear.
                        Cheaper than rolling road diagnostics,... must have money to burn bud?

Rolling road on Friday, .... has Reg pulled that non-reporting injector yet?
                        Swap it to another cylinder to see if its the injector?
                        Has it got a good fuel delivery? Did Reg setup the injectors before installing?

I think I want this fixed more than you do?

Comment

• Spent afternoon on the Dyno. All temps, sensor's, plumbing, maf, n75, ecu, map sensor all working as required. They expect actuator to be sticking/stuck/worn/badly adjusted causing overboost which causes the ECU to cut fuel.

Comment

Spent afternoon on the Dyno. All temps, sensor's, plumbing, maf, n75, ecu, map sensor all working as required. They expect actuator to be sticking/stuck/worn/badly adjusted causing overboost which causes the ECU to cut fuel.
                            Rosstech's wiki on fault codes talk about rust scale on the wastegate actuator being an issue on AHU/1Z engines, generating the 00575 fault code.
                            In fact I think Active8 may have posted this a few pages back...

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Just T4s
                            '00 1.9TDI LWB, '87 Mk2 Golf 16v

Wheel or tyre question? Just ask, it's what i do!

Comment

• Tbh I lose track of what's being posted, not being rude, just most of it is beyond me!

Comment

Tbh I lose track of what's being posted, not being rude, just most of it is beyond me!
                                Considering what you and Reg have had to work through since the start of the conversion I'm not surprised bud.
                                You really have got to love your van as the pain and heartache it can cause is serious!
                                Which turbo are you running - K03?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL5qE7nzUEw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm8gOEKUpes

Setting the pre-load.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtJDy6Ipm9I

Stay with it, its going to be worth it...

Comment

Working...
                                X