No announcement yet.

Swapping sausages - TDI conversion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a bummer mate... I haven't even got mine finished yet - MOT booked for Thursday, better pull my finger out...

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Just T4s
    '00 1.9TDI LWB, '87 Mk2 Golf 16v

Wheel or tyre question? Just ask, it's what i do!

Comment

• Ahh that's a shitter , now all the hard work has been done , just a case of dropping another engine in

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• What a bugger.hope you have better luck with the replacement engine 👍

Comment

• Engine and gearbox were out by 12:30 this morning.

Then went out with the family for the day

Just split the 'box off the engine, removed the inlet manifold and turbo.

Comment

• The ABL oil tube for dipstick - 028 115 629 E

Have a word with Alec at VW.

Comment

• It wasn't the big end.

Taking off the cam cover revealed a non existant hydraulic lifter on the exhaust valve on pot 2.

Smashed to pieces, bits of lifter everywhere, mashed up cam lobe, no collets on the valve but the valve is jammed shut with a random piece of metal. The head is ruined - not bothered looking any further.

Comment

• That could end up a little lucky couldn't it,
                I am guessing that a head will be available easily. And as long as nothing has travled south causing other issues.....

Comment

• Good news ......sort of, get her rebuilt soon lads.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
                    That could end up a little lucky couldn't it,
                    I am guessing that a head will be available easily. And as long as nothing has travled south causing other issues.....
                    There's metal in the sump - I'd not use the bottom end without a major stripdown and clean

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                      There's metal in the sump - I'd not use the bottom end without a major stripdown and clean
                      In that case what a nad!!!

Comment

• Any update on Daves bus?

Comment

• Yes please. Something, anything.......come on you two.
                          Me cago en la madre que te pariĆ³!

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                            Any update on Daves bus?
                            Nope - I'm on holiday this week - the one week of the year that me and the missus are off work together and that means 'quality time' - which 'apparently' doesn't mean 'fixing that fucking van time'

Also waiting for a dipstick tube to show up

Comment

• Selfish. That's all I can say. Still if you must, enjoy the break.
                              Me cago en la madre que te pariĆ³!

Comment

• I've pulled everything required off the old engine and started rebuilding the new.

Swapped in the oil pickup, the sump, crank seal and fitted a proper dipstick tube

Still have a large pile of bits to fit

Found this whilst pulling bits off the old engine

That's the injector nozzle remains on number 2 cylinder, it looks like somethin may have failed inside the cylinder, jamming the valve which then smashed the lifter to pieces, question is, what? The nozzle doesn't look like it broke first, looks more like it was smashed off by something else - might pull the head just out of curiosity. But first, get the van running....

Comment

Working...
                                X